Best Source For What Is Needed

Discussion in 'College Cheerleading, NCATA, & STUNT' started by SthrnCheerMom, Sep 29, 2018.

1. SthrnCheerMom

SthrnCheerMom I make my own voiceovers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My daughter is a HS freshman. She’s entertaining the idea of cheering in college. She’d prefer sideline only. But I know that’s not necessarily possible. Anyways, is there a source that breaks down programs, cheer requirements, etc? Obviously we need to look at the entire package, not just what cheer is offered but what are the academic requirements to get in.

2. ScottyB

ScottyB There are Cheeropedia articles about me!

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
  3. SthrnCheerMom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
  4. Momager

Momager When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Other than the database already mentioned, we just looked at each cheer program's requirements on the school's website that we were considering. Some schools only have sideline programs, some school that have competition teams have larger sideline teams and choose the competition team from the larger team, so if you can meet the requirements for sideline, you can still make the team.

• Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. ScottyB

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    Great! The owner is on here somewhere, I am sure he appreciates that to keep the list relevant!

6. SthrnCheerMom

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I only searched one and it was Kennesaw State in Ga.

7. ScottyB

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    They are def an up and coming school these past few years. Previously they weren't really known for cheer at all.

8. quitthedrama

quitthedrama I buy my Insta followers

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Narrow down your list of colleges and visit the ones that you have the most interest in, especially if they offer a clinic (and if not contact the coach and ask to sit in on a practice - have your CP initiate all of the communication rather than yourself). Schedule a tour as well to get a feel for the campus. There are some decent recruitment clinics where multiple colleges are represented, but those are few and far between and are often just money makers for the promoter. You are going to get the most information directly from the college coach and athletes (although keep in mind they are selling their program) and get the best feel for whether the program is a fit by going to the college and seeing their culture.