High School Best Warmups And Shoes For Sideline Cheer

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 4, 2015
So I am new to coaching and am planning next years clothing. Our high schol is just sideline cheering for football and basketball.

Some girls complained that last years warm ups (Chase) were not that warm. They also had Chase shoes that fell apart quickly. The girls pay for everything out of pocket.

Any suggestions on best warmup and shoes?

I'm surprised that the shoes fell apart so quickly. Did they get game day shoes or all star shoes? The high schools around here use either Nike sideliners, Asics Cheer, or Chasse star.

So I am new to coaching and am planning next years clothing. Our high schol is just sideline cheering for football and basketball.

Some girls complained that last years warm ups (Chase) were not that warm. They also had Chase shoes that fell apart quickly. The girls pay for everything out of pocket.

Any suggestions on best warmup and shoes?
Chasse, according to people on here that have ordered from them, is not a high quality brand. At all.

You could try the Zephz Butterfly Lite. And Soffe sells some good in stock warmups.

Loved the Nike sidelines for the field!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Varsity Spirit Fashion
I own the warmup pictured in red in the top left corner and I would whole heartedly recommend that to anyone looking for a warmup. It keeps me just as warm as a Northface and I wear it all the time. I know the price might be a bit of a shock since your girls are used to Chasse, but this piece can be worn all year, for multiple years. It's a quality warmup.

ETA: I have seen schools in my area who wear this warmup but also order them for parents to wear at competitions and games!

Varsity Spirit Fashion
I own the warmup pictured in red in the top left corner and I would whole heartedly recommend that to anyone looking for a warmup. It keeps me just as warm as a Northface and I wear it all the time. I know the price might be a bit of a shock since your girls are used to Chasse, but this piece can be worn all year, for multiple years. It's a quality warmup.

!

Ooh I like that!

The Varsity ones are the nicest that my cps' have worn. Not cheap in price or quality. They are lined and quite warm. My oldest is hanging up her poms and isn't trying out for next year, but I know she will still wear her warm-ups.

My younger cp had GTM one year. They were nice, but they didn't order a lined set and they weren't very warm either. I know that they do have warmer options that are attractive, but I cannot attest to their warmth or quality.

Edited for shoe input. Do you have tumblers? I would consult with them. Nikes are on the heavy side and some don't like to tumble in them. We had decent luck with Varsity shoes. Held up decently, but wouldn't get more than a year out of them. I would avoid shoes for sideline that are not solid leather/leather-type material. Not all of our schools have tracks and cheering in the grass in half satin shoes is a recipe for filthy shoes that are hard to clean.

Last edited:
We wore Varsity warm ups on high school. They were very warm. I've worn Nike and Varsity shoes. I'd recommend them both.

My varsity jacket was my favorite and the warmest. GTM is a cheaper alternative, but you can definitely see the lack of quality imo. Nike sidelines are my favorite hs cheer shoes, though!

Varsity Spirit Fashion

ETA: I have seen schools in my area who wear this warmup but also order them for parents to wear at competitions and games!
I can second this warm-up! I will sometimes get hot in it, its definitely keeps you warm! I've had mine for 6 years now and it is still in good condition. Parents love getting them too.

For shoes, I had the varsity last pass because I was a tumbler and they lasted all through football season, playoffs, basketball season and state. The only thing I noticed was that the mesh around the toe got a little worn down when I started partner stunting everyday.

Back