Better Jumps??

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 12, 2012
Hi All!
So i am working on my jumps and i was looking for exercises i can do at home (bec of the holidays) that can help me get my legs higher, hyper extended ect.
any help people??
if you can help me with all my jumps, toe touch, hurdler, pike. because there all below horizontal and i want to change that but i dont know how to?
Cheers,
Emersonxxx

Okay, so for toe touches:
Sit in a straddle and put one hand in front and one behind and do 5 lifts on your right leg, then switch and do 5 on your left leg, then put your hands in front and do 5 together. Make sure your lifts are controlled both up and down. Then do 5 backwards circles on each leg and then together, then forward circles. It doesn't matter if they are little as long as you keep your chest up.

Then for pikes:
sit in a pike and put your hands next to your knees and lift your legs, one at a time lift your leg (make sure your toes are pointed) and the key is THESE SHOULDN'T BE BIG LIFTS, even if it feels east, do little lifts with your chest up, then do your other leg and then both together. When you do them together you shouldn't be doing like pike ups or v ups they should just be little tiny lifts.

When these get easy increase the # you do or the amount of reps. If you have any more questions just let me know:)

Okay, so for toe touches:
Sit in a straddle and put one hand in front and one behind and do 5 lifts on your right leg, then switch and do 5 on your left leg, then put your hands in front and do 5 together. Make sure your lifts are controlled both up and down. Then do 5 backwards circles on each leg and then together, then forward circles. It doesn't matter if they are little as long as you keep your chest up.

Then for pikes:
sit in a pike and put your hands next to your knees and lift your legs, one at a time lift your leg (make sure your toes are pointed) and the key is THESE SHOULDN'T BE BIG LIFTS, even if it feels east, do little lifts with your chest up, then do your other leg and then both together. When you do them together you shouldn't be doing like pike ups or v ups they should just be little tiny lifts.

When these get easy increase the # you do or the amount of reps. If you have any more questions just let me know:)

Oh my goodness thank you so much!!! I just did these and they are great! I definitely feel the workout in my thighs. I can't wait to start seeing the improvement in my toe touch (((:)

Oh my goodness thank you so much!!! I just did these and they are great! I definitely feel the workout in my thighs. I can't wait to start seeing the improvement in my toe touch (((:)

No problem, I'm glad I could help. I you need anything else just let me know

Back