All-Star Bids For Uca Nationals?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

12stepCheermom

Best Parent and Grammar Teacher '14
Cheer Parent
May 10, 2011
Looking at the Facebook and Twitter feed I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression (and having sent our lv 5 last year this is how it worked) that you had to attend a UCA regionals and make whatever baseline qualifying score in order to go to Nationals in Orlando. Today I'm seeing a lot of chatter about "bids." Do you have to have a "bid" this year to attend in Orlando? If so, is there money attached to them? Paid? Partial? or are people just using the "bid" term when, in fact, it's just a qualifying score. Anyone have clarification on this?

I wanna say that up until 2009/2010 you had to get a "bid" and a paid bid was the competition fee was paid, not room or travel or anything. Since then it was a qualifying score which pretty much meant any team could qualify. I've also heard bid being thrown around this year, so I wonder if they changed back. We go to UCA tomorrow, if it isn't figured out by then, I'll let you know.

I wanna say that up until 2009/2010 you had to get a "bid" and a paid bid was the competition fee was paid, not room or travel or anything. Since then it was a qualifying score which pretty much meant any team could qualify. I've also heard bid being thrown around this year, so I wonder if they changed back. We go to UCA tomorrow, if it isn't figured out by then, I'll let you know.
I'm looking at the registration packet online right now and it only says anything about qualifying scores. Doesn't say anything about bids. Maybe alexamarysouza knows. I saw on FB her team got a "bid" today. I'm just wondering if the language is off and that just means they qualified to attend.

Our gym submitted a video to qualify this year. We aren't even attending a UCA qualifying event. We did have to pay a fee equal to what it would cost to attend an event also. Maybe they offer paid bids to the top qualifiers?

To be honest 12stepCheermom , the announcer didn't do too great of a job explaining everything. I'm almost positive our parents think we got summit bids lol...I almost feel like they're trying to offer another 'select' event for those that don't get summit bids so they can rack in the $...

I'm not even gonna tell you how many moms I had to almost give cpr because they thought he meant summit bid. :)

Looking at the Facebook and Twitter feed I'm a bit confused. I was under the impression (and having sent our lv 5 last year this is how it worked) that you had to attend a UCA regionals and make whatever baseline qualifying score in order to go to Nationals in Orlando. Today I'm seeing a lot of chatter about "bids." Do you have to have a "bid" this year to attend in Orlando? If so, is there money attached to them? Paid? Partial? or are people just using the "bid" term when, in fact, it's just a qualifying score. Anyone have clarification on this?

We were at a UCA competition last weekend and got "bids" for UCA nationals (which we were already planning on attending). I'll be honest, I didn't even think about it. I believe this is a case of making a big deal about it so kids and parents want to go, but it's not needed. If you want to cough up the $500/person to go to UCA nationals, I don't think they are turning you away anytime soon!

We were at a UCA competition last weekend and got "bids" for UCA nationals (which we were already planning on attending). I'll be honest, I didn't even think about it. I believe this is a case of making a big deal about it so kids and parents want to go, but it's not needed. If you want to cough up the $500/person to go to UCA nationals, I don't think they are turning you away anytime soon!
I always thought you needed a qualifying score and that was your bid. I can't imagine it being excessively high though.

I always thought you needed a qualifying score and that was your bid. I can't imagine it being excessively high though.

Maybe, but I know there were teams that didn't get bids... BUT, I also assume most people that are willing to make the trip to Orlando can hit that needed score. My concern would be along the lines of teams that simply can't attend a UCA regional, and they've said nothing about it online. Someone mentioned a video submission, but honestly, we almost didn't go to this competition and we would have just registered for Orlando anyways.

Every team from my gym got a "bid" at a UCA regional event. I was under the impression that if you scored above 70% you got a "bid" I didn't think that there were full paid, partial paid, or at large... I just thought it was like ok you qualified you can go but you have to pay? That's how my coach put it, correct me if i'm wrong!

Every team from my gym got a "bid" at a UCA regional event. I was under the impression that if you scored above 70% you got a "bid" I didn't think that there were full paid, partial paid, or at large... I just thought it was like ok you qualified you can go but you have to pay? That's how my coach put it, correct me if i'm wrong!
That's pretty much exactly how I understand it, just couldn't figure out where people started throwing the term "bid" around all of a sudden when they should probably just have said.."we placed in X place and qualified to go to Nationals."

Bids, to me, mean something entirely different since they're so attached to worlds.

Same here I freaked when my coach said bid because I figured it ment that we need to get full paid because my coach doesn't do comps that need a bid, unless we get a full paid one. I mean my parents have already paid for every thing...

Some of the confusion may come from high school teams going to regionals. I think for all stars you need a qualifying score but pretty much all all star teams 'qualify'. For high school they are a lot more Strict about how they give bids out for UCA high school nationals. For high school you have to go to a regional and get a qualifying score. There is no sending videos. Since UCA HS nationals is one of the biggest of not biggest nationals for HS teams, it a big deal to get a bid

Back