Music "borrowing" Music

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2011
So while at Finals this past weekend I heard some really creative and original music... And some not so much creative nor original. There are lots of teams that have to same cuts of music from places like cheermusicstore.com and that's understandable. And there were a couple teams that seemed to have "borrowed" bits and pieces from some big name teams especially Top Gun and CEA. I heard their tumble pass and dances from 2010 used quite a few times. But whatever, it's a cut of music, and nobody really "owns" it so to speak. What really blew my mind was one team DIDN'T TAKE OUT THE OTHER TEAMS VOICEOVERS! In their partner stunts we heard Top. Gun. Jags., jumps CEA, and their pyramid spelled out W-O-R-L-D-C-U-P. Does anyone but me find this a little ridiculous? Have you ever seen this before?

So while at Finals this past weekend I heard some really creative and original music... And some not so much creative nor original. There are lots of teams that have to same cuts of music from places like cheermusicstore.com and that's understandable. And there were a couple teams that seemed to have "borrowed" bits and pieces from some big name teams especially Top Gun and CEA. I heard their tumble pass and dances from 2010 used quite a few times. But whatever, it's a cut of music, and nobody really "owns" it so to speak. What really blew my mind was one team DIDN'T TAKE OUT THE OTHER TEAMS VOICEOVERS! In their partner stunts we heard Top. Gun. Jags., jumps CEA, and their pyramid spelled out W-O-R-L-D-C-U-P. Does anyone but me find this a little ridiculous? Have you ever seen this before?
the only thing i hate is when a team takes another teams voice-over like: "_____ cmon cmon lets go world champs we dont think we know!" and it was originally in SOT music then i heard it in others teams music.:confused:

I don't really mind teams using a section eg. the running tumbling music, but when they use the entire music and don't change the voiceovers, it irritates me (especially when it's a really well known gyms music such as Top Gun so it's really obvious).

This actually happened with my high school cheerleading in the fall. We were at regionals and another team came and had Cheer Athletics music! Like voice overs and everything, complete copy of their music like they had pulled it off of YouTube or something. It was weird. Unfortunately they didn't make it past regionals so I only got to see their routine once but it was definitely not made for them!

Im guessing you were at U.S finals virginia beach too this weekend?? :) I was. this same team was also video taping another team during warm-ups also..

Im guessing you were at U.S finals virginia beach too this weekend?? :) I was. this same team was also video taping another team during warm-ups also..
Yes, I don't remember the team specifically, just that they had bright unis. And were from a far away M state. Like Michigan or Missouri or one like that

Yes, I don't remember the team specifically, just that they had bright unis. And were from a far away M state. Like Michigan or Missouri or one like that
Yes I remember them. Lol how could i forget them.. I don't feel its right to call them out but if you really wanna know the name pm me. Don't get me wrong i love CEA, TG and WC and i know they pay good money for there music but i dont want to start unnecessary drama if you know what i mean :)
But i couldnt believe my ears when i heard it and i am so used to listenting to the mixes on my ipod so i normally say the voiceover and i didnt expect it to be in a teams music! Especially at such a big event as US Finals.

This happened at a comp i went to , they had all the cea music and they left the voiceovers in!

the only thing i hate is when a team takes another teams voice-over like: "_____ cmon cmon lets go world champs we dont think we know!" and it was originally in SOT music then i heard it in others teams music.:confused:
Okay, I find this very weird because, isn't that SOT's cheer?

The part that bothers me isn't the barrowing, its that a low level producer is charging somebody a rediculous price for it!

The part that bothers me isn't the barrowing, its that a low level producer is charging somebody a rediculous price for it!

I would think that borrowing music is more common among teams that can't afford a producer and mix the music themselves.

Back