OT Bow Help

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Apr 11, 2011
No matter where I look I cant find an answer, I even asked Yella when I bought a bow, but it didnt really help .... so, who better to ask!

How can I make my bow stand up perfectly?
I mostly make my own so do I need to change the placement of the ponytail holder?
Do I just need a lot of bobby pins?
Whats the secret I'm missing? Thank you! :D

When you're putting it on your pony, make sure the hair tie is completely on the first hair tie and all the way down. It usually goes above it and that's a reason it won't sit properly.

Not sure how you attach your elastic, but I use wire. If you place the elastic more toward the bottom of the middle section, before you twist the wire together, it will flip up on the head. Make sure the placement of the elastic is at just the right height, and as straight as possible so it doesn't sit cock-eyed.

@Mamarazzi, so how about my Yella that I didnt make?

2h6y4hf.jpg
2vbu6fs.jpg

Like those are both perfect! But mine ends up like ...
jh34sg.jpg

(This is not me)

I swear, it's just making sure you put the pony attached to the bow completely on top or even below the first hair tie you use to put your hair up. Make sure it's all the way on the first pony in your hair. Not on top of it. It will fix the problem. Promise.

@Mamarazzi, so how about my Yella that I didnt make?

2h6y4hf.jpg
2vbu6fs.jpg

Like those are both perfect! But mine ends up like ...
jh34sg.jpg

(This is not me)

The bow is cute :) But yeah, that's what happens when the elastic is too far toward the top/bottom of the middle section. Move it a little more toward center, and that should work.
And the lady in the upper right pic freaked me out, lookin just.like.me.

Back