All-Star Boys Shouldn't Fly???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

All male cheerleaders don't aspire to be a UK wildcat or any other UCA collegiate powerhouse cheerleader, get over it. It's a shame this is what we're focusing on, when so many teams choreography couldn't be aired on daytime TV.

All male cheerleaders don't aspire to be a UK wildcat or any other UCA collegiate powerhouse cheerleader, get over it. It's a shame this is what we're focusing on, when so many teams choreography couldn't be aired on daytime TV.
I'm not sure who disliked this. But it's so true. All the body rolls, booty rolls, leg touching. I think you can have awesome choreography without going over the line.

Soo....boys can't be fierce too because it's "unacceptable"?
Basically what I'm thinking. It's crazy how everyone can justify basically discrimination. There is nothing wrong with a boy being fierce. Not all people are the same. Some boys/guys are more feminine and its okay. gender roles are man made, they don't exist. That's just a personal preference of yours, but it's not a must for a boy to be "masculine". It's also not shaming anyone by acting feminine. You should be ashamed of yourself for associating femininity with something bad and shameful. Cheer is supposed to be a safe haven for people to come out of their shells and feel comfortable.

We should always encourage anyone involved in our sport, male or female, to be true to themselves. If a boy feels comfortable being 'fierce', flipping their hair or doing motions usually considered more 'feminine', then good on them.

I also don't think 'fierceness' and college success are mutually exclusive. There's one high-profile team in particular this year which is famous for its crossovers from a college team. Their boys absolutely KILL their dance and motions, where some of the moves involve a bit of hair-flipping and general sassiness. And they cheer for one of the most successful college programs in history.

You're entitled to your opinions, though.
Navarro hello! The fiercest boys in Daytona. They kill it, and they have won grand the past few years. So something must be right. Also blink has some amazing boys on it who show tons of personality.

As someone who has gotten relentless comments (and eggs) thrown at me over the last 11 years of cheerleading, I agree with @m.syverson9's comments.

Be fierce, be strong, but don't shame the rest of us in the process
I really really hope you don't mean this as ignorant and rude as it's coming off. Other males' actions/fierceness should in no way impact you or "shame" you.

Just saying there's a boy I know of who is on CA Wildcats (he used to cheer up here in WA) who also regularly posts videos of him flying with his college team and im pretty sure he bases in wildcats elite stunts. It's not impossible to do both...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've already shared my opinion on males flying earlier in the thread so i won't rehash that...

but as a PSA: please, for all that is holy, if you are a male and you are flying, wear compression shorts. tight ones. there shouldn't be anything hanging in your heel stretch. thank you.

I've also decided male flyers should wear shorts. when they pull body positions the pant legs are too loose and they like fall and expose ankle and it's uneven and weird.

Other males' actions/fierceness should in no way impact you or "shame" you.
You are right. The way I've been treated in the past shouldn't be because of other males who cheer but instead should be because those who were hurtful to me based their narrow views on others onto me. But that isn't what happens in real life, people are jerks regardless.

I'm only on the other side of this issue because I don't want other males to experience the harshness of the outside world as bad as I did, and I want more guys to join the sport. If new guys all think they are going to be made fun of by the world, why would they join?

You are right. The way I've been treated in the past shouldn't be because of other males who cheer but instead should be because those who were hurtful to me based their narrow views on others onto me. But that isn't what happens in real life, people are jerks regardless.

I'm only on the other side of this issue because I don't want other males to experience the harshness of the outside world as bad as I did, and I want more guys to join the sport. If new guys all think they are going to be made fun of by the world, why would they join?
This is why I believe as an extremely small community we should be kind to our fellow athletes. If every male cheerleader was a beast at coed stunting, and weren't flamboyant.We would still be penalized because at the end of they we are still male cheerleaders. Besides the average person is exposed to more collegiate cheerleading than allstar.

As someone who has gotten relentless comments (and eggs) thrown at me over the last 11 years of cheerleading, I agree with @m.syverson9's comments.

Be fierce, be strong, but don't shame the rest of us in the process
I'm sorry that YOU see that as shaming.

I want to insert a "you could try Sears" here but I'm in a nice mood :)

I kind of get what you're saying. But, as a counter point, shouldn't we be showing boys that all types are welcome in our sport? That manly men and fierce legends alike can be accepted? And that, bullies be damned, we encourage everyone to be themselves?

Back