All-Star Boys Shouldn't Fly???

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think the judges comments are out of line. I don't think that her obvious bias should be used as a representation of the entire industry....unless she had the stats to back that up.

Now that being said, I don't like male flyers unless they're the mid layer of a pyramid....maybe an occasional basket toss. But for partner stunts...Naw.

@ScottyB my post you disliked was partly a joke. I have been on teams with male cheerleaders as a laugh might try our uniforms on. If a male wants to fly let them

I always say if a female can single base coed stunts why can't a male fly

@ScottyB, why discuss Your ideas about boy flyers on a cheerleading squads.. Nooooo, What you demonstrated is a critic with little thought on a topic and I thank you for my dislike rating, matter of fact, give me 3,000 more dislike, because at least I have a thought to judge, unlike you!

In my opinion Boys flying are not a bad thing. If they can do the skill best then so be it. But what happens when the boy matures and becomes bigger than the girls? If he is being taught how to base as well as fly then great, that will be setting himself up for long term growth as a athlete. (Which might be happening outside of competitions) Just having a boy only learn to fly because he is small at the moment might not be the best thing for the individual.
Yes I understand that technique can make up for size but there comes a point where holding an extra 50/60 lbs becomes dangerous and exhausting.

So for Vizion's small coed team, he was the only boy correct? And because he didn't partner stunt, doesn't that mean they aren't maxing the score sheet? Or did they change that rule?

He was super fun to watch - never stops moving.

If she's nowhere near as strong as Biff in back and she's basing the center coed stunt because she hit a few times in the gym and she's a girl and oooooh, won't the audience be impressed because she's a girl, then no. I'm equal-opportunity critical.
I am with you on this. But if she is a single-base beast, let her do it. Same with boys flying.

So for Vizion's small coed team, he was the only boy correct? And because he didn't partner stunt, doesn't that mean they aren't maxing the score sheet? Or did they change that rule?

He was super fun to watch - never stops moving.
I don't believe coed stunting is gender specific for the scoresheet. I haven't seen their routine but a girl could coed with a girl, or someone could coed him, and as I understand it that counts. Although someone smarter than me is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong (which is highly possible)

I don't believe coed stunting is gender specific for the scoresheet. I haven't seen their routine but a girl could coed with a girl, or someone could coed him, and as I understand it that counts. Although someone smarter than me is welcome to correct me if I'm wrong (which is highly possible)

No, I think you are correct. I remember now it was initially it had to be the boy basing but since then, they've changed it. Forgot about that.

If they can make it look as effortless as this, why not put them in the air?

If boys can fly let them fly.

Ironically I seen this video on my daughters ig several days ago.

Her post reads, "why is ___ better then all the girl flyers I know"

Maybe it is distracting but so are people who have their skirt on backwards, people with different color hair, very small kids with all big kids, people who have on knee braces.

If I see your little fetus is on a team to fly and can't tumble I notice,

If I see your girl with 8 braces on look like death when tumbling I notice.

If you have bleach blonde, red, or purple hair and you do one thing off count I notice.

And I'm bothered by it because they choose to be distracting and stick out like a sore thumb.

If your boy is flying point everything and looks damn good doing it then I notice and I love it!!

These are all matters of opinions and I understand my preference is not everyone's. I hope this judge didn't effect the score with this comment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jam still has the male basing requirement on the score sheet - but only half of the required coed stunts must be based by males (rounded down) - so if you only have one boy, you need to have one coed stunt, and it can be based either by a male or a female athlete. Varsity doesn't have this gender-specific requirement. Here's Jam's rule:
* Coed stunts must be performed at the same time (section) and perform the same range of entry and skill to receive quantity/skill credit. Coed stunts are determined by half of the male athletes on the team. (half of that number can be based by females)

If they can make it look as effortless as this, why not put them in the air?

He is an awesome flyer, but he also looks extremely strong like he would be a beast backspot/base. I guess it would come down to where they need him the most.

He is an awesome flyer, but he also looks extremely strong like he would be a beast backspot/base. I guess it would come down to where they need him the most.
I'm pretty sure he bases and he was flying for fun. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember boys in the air cheersport weekend.

I'm pretty sure he bases and he was flying for fun. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't remember boys in the air cheersport weekend.

I just meant in general if a guy is a beast base, super strong you might need him as a base.

Back