All-Star Broken Foot + Workout? Help.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 13, 2013
I broke my foot recently and I should be out of cheer for 3-6 weeks but I don't want to not condition myself because if I get back into cheer without the continuous conditioning, I will die at practice so I was wondering what are some good workouts to do without affecting my foot and still getting a good workout?

My first suggestion is the standard here: 'Talk to your Dr.' Each injury is different and will have different parameters. Are you allowed to move your foot, how much, are you supposed to not put it over your head, etc. They will be able to give you an idea. Also- make sure you SHOW them, via video or other means, what exactly you do. All too common Dr.s don't know what we do and mistake it for sideline, therefore ok'ing you for something you're not ready for.

Now- there are obviously more things you could do for core work/upper body than lower. Things with weights and the like for arms/upper body.

I broke my foot a few years ago and I wasn't on crutches so I would walk on the treadmill for an hour each day while wearing the boot. Don't know if it was bad for me or hindered in the recovery but I'm fine now.

Also you can do tuck drills for core when you are laying on the ground. One of the ones I did is laying on your back throw your arms up and your legs back in a quick motion to simulate a tuck. Those helped with standing tucks and running too.

Thank you guys. I can't put weight on my foot because it hurts too bad so I am in a boot. These work outs gave me many ideas.

Oh goodness that stinks. I had the same thing happen to me and I was on crutches. I did a lot of shoulders with free weights, push ups on my knees, and abs. It will mostly be upper body, but it did help me because my legs were always my strongest. After that, kinda felt like a power house because though my legs became a little weaker, my arms had gotten stronger. Hope you get better soon!

When I broke my foot and was in a boot my dance teacher made me start back before my foot was healed and now I can't really do anything too physical because my foot is mucked up - just don't do too much and definitely get the ok from your doctor before doing too much. There's also physiotherapy that could help it heal quicker and get you back to full strength :)

Back