All-Star Cali Sm Sr Nca Legality?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 18, 2010
I noticed on the results that they had a legality deduction? Sorry if there's already a post about this... anyone care to fill me in or link to the post if there is one? I was absolutely SHOCKED not to see them take one of the top 2 spots.

see that just plain sucks! everyone knows the rules JUST TAKE IT OFF :)

eek.png
I don't even know what to say.... that is disappointing

that was the stupidest thing to get deducted for. right before going onto the floor someone from the NCA staff TOLD us if there was jewelry/accessories on, there was going to be a deduction, why not take it off then??

It happens.... one of our teams had a deduction for a hair band that was accidently left on a girls wrist at a Nationals last season.

Some comps. are more strict then others. It blows my mind though how they see these things from the judges table!

There are two girls sitting at opposite corners looking for out of bounds and Jewelery on the floor. They give you a ton of warnings about it everywhere and we make all our girls triple check a few times so we don't forget. A girl on Spice found a hair tie on her wrist before walking into warmups because of the check. Just gotta be careful.

My team got a 5 point legality for a hair tie around one of our girls wrists and we ended up getting last because of it

I just don't understand... as a coach, I line my team up before we go into warmups and I check EVERYTHING- ears, face piercings, neck, wrist, belly piercings, tattoos covered up, even nails- I will cut them if they're too long, seriously!

But, as an athlete, I don't even think I left my house for a competition or even a practice with jewelry or hair tyes on- EXCEPT, I must get off my high horse for a minute and admit that I had a good luck necklace that was given to me by my coach in 8th grade, and I did wear it under my bodyliner for all of high school and college when I competed. It was back in the day when we had the high turtleneck bodyliner underneath the shell. It was skin tight, and the necklace was never visible, nor did I think there was ever a chance that it could pop out.

(hypocrisy alert)

I just don't understand... as a coach, I line my team up before we go into warmups and I check EVERYTHING- ears, face piercings, neck, wrist, belly piercings, tattoos covered up, even nails- I will cut them if they're too long, seriously!
(hypocrisy alert)
I do this as well and my kids think I'm nuts. I don't get what's so hard about following these rules!

Latest posts

Back