All-Star California Soul 5 Gospel Theme....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
Just wondering how everyone else felt about this routine/choreo...

I feel like some of the voiceovers refrencing God/Jesus and the "sign of the cross" at the end remixed with the team name while the girl is in a chair sit above the... with the boy "prasing" her is just alitte much and offensive ... I have seen plenty of teams do gospel themes but this one seems to go past gospel and too much into religion if that makes sense...

Love the routine not the music I don't find it offensive just alittle on the annoying side because off the over use of the gospel songs!! Hearing the music just reminds me of the movie sister act ( love that movie <3) but yea other then that the routine is fine!!

I love it! It's just a theme and shouldn't be taken so seriously... People don't have to watch it if they find it offensive.
they dont have to unless of course you compete against this team...and honestly i watch almost everything that comes across the new video thread..didnt expect this.... I guess because some of the refrences came from my paticaular religion i took offense

OMG! I was just about the post the same thing. I was at the comp and I have to say I was OFFENDED. It seemed like they were mocking religion! The girl that looked like she was hanging from the cross at the beginning, then the girl that was the upside down cross thing, Voice overs about Jesus only liking winners, the father son holy soul 5. Its just too much...

OMG! I was just about the post the same thing. I was at the comp and I have to say I was OFFENDED. It seemed like they were mocking religion! The girl that looked like she was hanging from the cross at the beginning, then the girl that was the upside down cross thing, Voice overs about Jesus only liking winners, the father son holy soul 5. Its just too much...
my thoughts exactly ...

yeah, that was a bit much. they could have done without the opening cross stunt and the ending throne one.

the Jesus loves winners voiceover was funny though, it's from Drop Dead Gorgeous.

Love Cali, and they are very upfront about their Christian beliefs...but I would say this is verging on blasphemous.

I agree. I've know Eddie and Orby for years and I know 2 girls on Soul 5 that come from very religious family's. So, I know it wasn't meant to come off that way, but it does! I'm sure they see it as "just a theme" but I feel like this is one of those things that just shouldn't be done.

Back