All-Star Calling All Diabetics Or Legality Judges Lol

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 14, 2010
Question..So got my dexcom continuos glucose monitor a week ago. I compete this weekend and when I picked a spot for my sensor I didn't really think about competition and uniform. I wear a crop top and my sensor is currently on my stomach. Not low enough for my skirt to cover. Thinking of covering it with a larger bandaid so we won't get any deductions for a judge thinking it's jewellery that was just not removed. My coach was like you have to take your pump off lol but my cgm isn't a pump..clearly. Honest mistake but I just don't want to have to take it off seeing as I don't want to waste a perfectly good sensor that's readings are bang on.

Here is a picture of the cgm..
BejH4j3IIAAzHfe.jpg

I'm not either of those two...but I would think going to the EP ahead of time and explaining your situation could prevent issues. If you're allowed to wear medical ID bracelets and hearing aids, I would think your sensor would be allowed.

I'm not either of those two...but I would think going to the EP ahead of time and explaining your situation could prevent issues. If you're allowed to wear medical ID bracelets and hearing aids, I would think your sensor would be allowed.
I think I'm gonna do that as soon as my minis compete. My coach messaged ahead of time and said it was a cgm and then she wrote me back saying the ep said that you can just take off your pump and put it back on after competing. Then I had to send a message back and said *again* its not a pump and you can't just take it off and put it back on...

I think Andre is a USASF Safety Judge? He might be a good person to clarify with, too.

Alicia, your monitor looks really cool, and I'm so glad to hear you're getting great results. Good luck with getting the cheer logistics all cleared up!

Question..So got my dexcom continuos glucose monitor a week ago. I compete this weekend and when I picked a spot for my sensor I didn't really think about competition and uniform. I wear a crop top and my sensor is currently on my stomach. Not low enough for my skirt to cover. Thinking of covering it with a larger bandaid so we won't get any deductions for a judge thinking it's jewellery that was just not removed. My coach was like you have to take your pump off lol but my cgm isn't a pump..clearly. Honest mistake but I just don't want to have to take it off seeing as I don't want to waste a perfectly good sensor that's readings are bang on.

Here is a picture of the cgm..
BejH4j3IIAAzHfe.jpg

No one has 'tried' it but your port is fine. And if someone tried to question it I would go nuclear. Obviously the reader would have to stay off.

No one has 'tried' it but your port is fine. And if someone tried to question it I would go nuclear. Obviously the reader would have to stay off.
Yes the reader is going to stay with one of my coaches as it just needs a 20 foot range to pick up the signal..and even sometimes further it will still read. Thanks:)

I would think that it would be fine, especially if you're going to cover it with a bandage/tape. If the EP doesn't understand, something is extremely wrong.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I just looked up the cgm. Wow that is cool. The cgm is more like a port or gtube. They can't just have those removed. I would raise a fuss if they continue to give you grief over it.

It was more my coach than anything that was worried about it. Talked to the legality judge before we performed and she said it was fine. Actually she said she saw this post on fierceboard lol :p Really glad I had it on actually as now I know my bg sucks at competitions...I was high the whole day. Kinda freaked out a parent by saying that out loud to a team mate of mine who asked how I was. I don't even think of it when I'm saying "I'm high" or "been high all day!" ...oops. lol

Back