OT Cameras?!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic

cheerislove8

Best Overall Female Poster On Every Thread :)
Feb 27, 2010
So my Kodak digital camera broke that I got probably 3 years ago, so I want a new one for Christmas. However I'm awful at figuring out what's a good camera and what isn't. I'm looking for something less than $250 and preferably higher than 7.0 megapixels. I'm open to all suggestions so if anybody has any tips at all, even if it's just a good brand to look into or what kind of camera you have that'd be awesome!! If I don't tell my mom what I want soon I won't be getting one haha

You should get a DSLR camera! I like Nikon, but Canon works too. They have a lot of different cameras to choose from... I have Nikon D60, it's ok, I like it. You don't have to buy the most expensive, put money on the lenses instead. Those makes the real difference...

Good luck!

Oh and one more thing, if you're more interested in a digital camera (which you can't use lenses to), I would choose some Canon Ixus!

Thanks! I'll look :)

Open to any suggestions at all, don't hesitate!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8. The battery life is absolutely AMAZING! Easy to figure out, 12.1 Megapixels, lots of effects and options, one of the fastest start up times, shoots 2 frames per second! Just an overall great camera! BUT, be careful where you buy it if you do. You can get it on Amazon for around $146 with shipping. They'll sell it to you at a store for up to $350.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FP8. The battery life is absolutely AMAZING! Easy to figure out, 12.1 Megapixels, lots of effects and options, one of the fastest start up times, shoots 2 frames per second! Just an overall great camera! BUT, be careful where you buy it if you do. You can get it on Amazon for around $146 with shipping. They'll sell it to you at a store for up to $350.

Oh sweet! And thanks for the warning :)

Thanks to you too Eyes on the Prize! Didn't see your post on my iPod :)

I'm looking into all of these and its such a tough decision!! Thanks for all your suggestions!

If you're not looking for a DSLR, the Sony Cyber Shot 12.1 megapixel is a good choice. I've found this one to have great picture quality and a decently fast processor speed. I hate slow cameras that only catch two seconds AFTER what I'm trying to take a picture of. I also have a Canon Rebel XLR, which is a DSLR. It is awesome. I can take rapid-fire shots with that one and catch all kinds of cool sequences. The only bad thing about the DSLR is that it is big. I can't throw that one in my purse, so I really enjoy the Sony. Hope this helps!!! Good luck!

Oh yeah...I meant to tell you...Abe's of Maine is a good website to go to if you're shopping for a camera. We found the best selection/prices here. Good luck again!

I have a Nikon Coolpix S220. I don't know how many pixels it is but it takes really great quality photos for a standard digital camera! I got it for around $100 I believe. I'm not good at all this electronic stuff, my boyfriend is the one I go to about this stuff :p

Back