All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I wanted to send my daughter their for one of the power tricks weeks, but we just can't do it financially and I'm sure it's too late to apply for a scholarship. She has great coaches now, so I'm confident they'll teach her what she needs. Fulls by the summer, right Jenn? lol!!!
It's not too late to apply for a scholarship! You can also check out our matador bring a friend program on our website!

Is this strictly a cheer camp or is it more of a summer camp(swimming, arts and crafts, etc...), with a little bit of cheer added in?

Is this strictly a cheer camp or is it more of a summer camp(swimming, arts and crafts, etc...), with a little bit of cheer added in?

It's more of a cheer camp with a little bit of summer camp added in. There's mandatory 2 and a half hours of tumbling in the morning or afternoon (depending on how old you are) and then the rest of the day you can do whatever you want, but there are two other open gyms throughout the day that are not mandatory.

week 2 or 3!! if anyone wants to trade/buy/sell bows, apparel, or cheer stuff pm me! I got tons of ICE stuff &bows i don't really need now &if you saw a shirt at a comp i can try to buy it for you at the pro shop.

There are up to 7 1/2 hours a day that they can be cheering. One 2 1/2 hour mandatory session and two 2 1/2 hour open gym sessions that are not mandatory, but there are incentives for going. The camp activities are ongoing all the time so they don't have to choose between open gym, and say, horseback riding. They can do both! You can check out all the activities on the website www.campwoodward.com

My daughter is going to go for sure now. I just have to pay for it
redface.png
But she is reeeeeeally shy. She will be 9 when she goes and swears to me she'll be fine. I'm so worried she'll just be kind of alone all week since she's so shy! Is it the kind of atmosphere where she can't help but make friends even being so shy? She's not afraid of people--like when they talk to her she'll answer, she's just not a big conversation starter.
When is she going because my daughter is going week 6 and she only has 1 friend there who is a skater she's 12 but her best friend is ( ;)

When is she going because my daughter is going week 6 and she only has 1 friend there who is a skater she's 12 but her best friend is ( ;)

I think she's going week 7. :( that's the week we signed up for. I may have to change it though to later in the summer.

I think she's going week 7. :( that's the week we signed up for. I may have to change it though to later in the summer.

A majority of our campers go by themselves and will be going to so many activities together that she is bound to make friends even if she is shy. We also have fun directors, rec directors, and homesick directors. These are people whose sole purpose is to make sure everyone has enough to do and is having a good time. They take the more shy kids by the hand, introduce them to other kids, encourage them to participate, etc. She'll be in good hands!

i have a question, may be kind of silly but im going to ask anyway ... does woodward do "team" camps?
We sure do! While our main focus is tumbling, our team programs also help those who bring a team with their stunts, baskets, pyramids and tumbling as a group. No cheers or chants here though, but all the athletic help you could need!

i said i was going weeks 8 9 and 11 before, but i switched 9 for 12. so is anyone going week 12 because as of now im by myself :(

Back