All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheergirlbrey,

I hope the week turned around for your cp!
Thank you so much and thank god it did! She really enjoyed the new girls they paired her up with and got tapped for week 12. Now she's trying to see who she can beg for money to go back....she's the death of me LOL. She did forget her meds though but o well!

Thank you so much and thank god it did! She really enjoyed the new girls they paired her up with and got tapped for week 12. Now she's trying to see who she can beg for money to go back....she's the death of me LOL. She did forget her meds though but o well!
Same here! My biggest concern would be transportation back to camp- it was almost 8 hours each way and I don't think I can do that again! Maybe I'll be taking a poll of who is going back and see if cp can hitch a ride (I'll pay for 100% of gas just not to drive lol)

Same here! My biggest concern would be transportation back to camp- it was almost 8 hours each way and I don't think I can do that again! Maybe I'll be taking a poll of who is going back and see if cp can hitch a ride (I'll pay for 100% of gas just not to drive lol)

That is a great idea! It was four hours for us and don't forget the time getting them settled. I work Saturdays so I had my best friend get her and I would have to ask again. I was suprised to see how far some of those license plates were from. Heck, even part way there meeting someone would be great for you.

Anyone at week 6 that wants to trade just let me know I have bows and some maryland Twisters items along with 3T with me

everyone who has been to woodward did you bring a comforter or just a blanket and sheets
I would bring all of them. Last year my cabin was really hot, so this year I only brought a sheet instead of a real blanket. Of course, this year my cabin was freezing at night! So I wish I brought a comforter!

everyone who has been to woodward did you bring a comforter or just a blanket and sheets

last year & this year i brought sheets, a blanket, & pillow. it's usually warm or hot at night but i always wake up cold so it's definitely enough. not too much & just enough:)

p.s. i'm in my cabin right now with @kcpack22 prolly gonna stop by open gym in a few!

Is there anybody going Week 9 from Maryland (I'm in the Baltimore area) that would want to carpool and maybe one do drop off and one do pick up? My daughter is 11.

Open gyms, being tapped, any week better than others?

1. Hey - it's hot in the summer and the Woodward gyms are open air. Is it realistic to go to a lot of the open gyms in addition to the mandatory 2.5 hours in the gym?

2. Does being tapped mean you're working hard? Does not being tapped mean you're not working hard?

3. Are there different coaches at Woodward for different weeks? If so, are there any weeks that are better than other weeks in terms of technical instruction?

Open gyms, being tapped, any week better than others?

1. Hey - it's hot in the summer and the Woodward gyms are open air. Is it realistic to go to a lot of the open gyms in addition to the mandatory 2.5 hours in the gym?

2. Does being tapped mean you're working hard? Does not being tapped mean you're not working hard?

3. Are there different coaches at Woodward for different weeks? If so, are there any weeks that are better than other weeks in terms of technical instruction?

1. Yes, it is realistic to go to all three open gyms, although I usually skipped the afternoon one because I don't like the gym they have it in. There is enough rest time (at least 2 hours) between each mandatory class and each open gym.

2. Yes it means you're working hard. I don't think not being tapped necessarily means you're not working hard, I guess you just didn't stand out as much. I'm not really sure. I got tapped last year (first year) and didn't get tapped when I went this year (week 4).

3. There are usually different coaches but I'm not sure how to find out which coaches will be there each week. I'm sure you could ask on their Facebook page. Either way, there are alway plenty of coaches there to work with every skill level.

Back