All-Star Camp Woodward 2011

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ive gone the past 3 years and i love it!!!!!!!!!! i make so many great friends that i keep in touch with all year and even see some at competitions. i look forward to going to woodward all year from the moment i leave:) weeks 8 and 9<3333333

i have been talking to my parents and they finally gave in so i can go buut now none of my friends can :/ im pretty shy but it looks amazinggg so i dont want to pass it up cause im scared! what should i do? is anyone else going alone?

i have been talking to my parents and they finally gave in so i can go buut now none of my friends can :/ im pretty shy but it looks amazinggg so i dont want to pass it up cause im scared! what should i do? is anyone else going alone?

Almost all campers go solo, and even if some don't, you will be in a cabin/group with other kids your age that traveled to camp alone. We're so confident that you'll have a blast, even if you go solo, ask anyone on this thread that has been to camp if they had a good time!

I'm trying to decide if I should send my 14 yr old daughter to Woodward CA or PA this summer. I'm planning on the first week of July. Does anyone know any pros or cons for one vs. the other? Thanks!

Another question ... I'll be sending my daughter up from GA. That means a transfer in Detroit and being picked up at the local airport by Woodward staff. I'm thinking of going myself and applying for one of the parent jobs instead of either 1)sending her alone, 2)sending her as a minor on the airline, 3) traveling with her and then going home which would mean two round trip tickets for myself. Any suggestions????

Another question ... I'll be sending my daughter up from GA. That means a transfer in Detroit and being picked up at the local airport by Woodward staff. I'm thinking of going myself and applying for one of the parent jobs instead of either 1)sending her alone, 2)sending her as a minor on the airline, 3) traveling with her and then going home which would mean two round trip tickets for myself. Any suggestions????
As far as traveling at a younger age...my first flight completely by myself was around 13/14. My parents paid to fly me as a minor to have the extra service to help me with my connection ( I do believe it is optional after the age of 12 or 13). It was great, very smooth transition. I actually got bumped up to first class on one of my flights so they could "keep their eyes on me" and because the flight was not full in first class (they being the flight attendants", needless to say I was very happy. I would highly recommend it. I am older now and looking back it is very safe and secure. It saves you the hassle of having to travel with her and also gives her some independence in which could give her a little boost of confidence before going to camp. If you have any questions on it please feel free to PM me and I can give you any details you need :)

Almost all campers go solo, and even if some don't, you will be in a cabin/group with other kids your age that traveled to camp alone. We're so confident that you'll have a blast, even if you go solo, ask anyone on this thread that has been to camp if they had a good time!
ahh okay! haha you have convinced meee :) what weeks are everyone going?

Last year was my first time going and I went alone! I became friends with the girls in my cabin and still talk to them a few times a week! It was soo worth it, I promise you'll have fun! I'm going this year with the same girls. Were going week 4, when are you planning on going?

My daughter went last year and got "tapped"! Can someone please explain what that means? Do they have to go during a certain week? Do they get a discount? Would appreciate any info!

My daughter went last year and got "tapped"! Can someone please explain what that means? Do they have to go during a certain week? Do they get a discount? Would appreciate any info!
From what i remember, getting “tapped” means she was chosen by the coaches or staff, to receive another free week at the camp. Please correct me if I am wrong! When I went (2006) I went with my tumbling team for the tumbling gym at Woodward in PA. My friend Josh got “tapped” and i’m pretty sure he went again? Haha I might be completely wrong, but I think i’m right! Hope this helps! :)

Back