All-Star Camp Woodward Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

why do certian weeks cost more than other then??

The middle of the summer is more popular and more kids are available to go those weeks, so they don't have any issues filling up those weeks. The beginning and end of the summer is less expensive so more kids will go those weeks.

does anybody know what the difference is between weeks 1-4 and 5-12 they consider 5-12 power tumbling what is ran differently in weeks 5-12 to make it power tumbling

I haven't been, but it looks like when you apply to work there you apply for a week at a time. I would imagine the difference is coaches. maybe they only hire "elite tumbling" coaches for those weeks?

Adult "Campers" (18+) can usually go any week that isn't full but must submit to a background check and stay with the camp staff. There is also an adult week which is usually the last week of the summer session (and a lot of fun!).

IMO the stunting portion of camp is kind of a waste of your money. Too many skill levels and different styles of stunting put together that just seemed like a waste of time. I thought the kids had a better time horseback riding than the day they did stunting. (After the first stunt day most decided to do other activities). Only time I can see it as beneficial is if you went with a stunt group or team from your gym. But even then, there are so many fun activities to do that you don't get to do at home!

Open gym times are great too - but don't force your kid to do them everyday. It is camp and there are SO MANY amazing activities to participate in. They will get plenty of tumbling during the regular tumbling sessions. Specially if they stay 2 weeks which all my kids do. They get a TON of tumbling done and lots of focus on specific skills they are working on since they have a good number of kids to break the kids down into small skill matched groups!

does anybody know exactly where it is in pa, I am trying to figure out how to get there and what airlines fly into there or close

does anybody know exactly where it is in pa, I am trying to figure out how to get there and what airlines fly into there or close

The city is actually called Woodward. If you haven't looked through their brochure,( http://campwoodward.com/index.php?o...re&catid=2:camp-woodward-brochures&Itemid=172) or you can have them send you one (make sure you specify that you want the PA one not CA, I made that mistake last year and had to wait a couple more days). Anyway, they have all kinds of travel options.

If you look on page 35 of the brochure in the link I posted, there are three travel options listed. There is an airport in State College, PA that is 25 miles from the camp. There is a camp bus that will pick you up from the aiport and take you to camp. It says $30 one way or $50 round trip.

What are the main age groups for woodward? I have kids that want to go but unfortunately have never gone myself.

there are 2 age groups 13 & under then 14 & over it usually changes every summer but when i went this past summer the older kids were in the morning & younger in the afternoon then when the group you're not in has classes open gym is available for you to go to.

does anybody know what the difference is between weeks 1-4 and 5-12 they consider 5-12 power tumbling what is ran differently in weeks 5-12 to make it power tumbling
power tumbling is different then actual cheer tumble. i dont know the difference but it costs more during those weeks bc of the powertumbling. so im going week 10, normal cheer tumble. no need to pay extra for something you dont need.

Woodward PA is about 45 minutes outside of State College. This will be my daughter's 3rd sumeer going. She really loves it.

The weeks are actually different prices just because so many kids are still in school at the beginning of summer, and most have a break in July which is why the weeks are so popular. Power Tumbling is a different program entirely from cheerleading. It's for gymnastics-based competitive tumbling so don't worry about that. The cheer program at Woodward is all athletic based, no chants or cheers. You can come by yourself, with a team, or a couple friends that don't even have to be from your same gym or school!

I haven't been, but it looks like when you apply to work there you apply for a week at a time. I would imagine the difference is coaches. maybe they only hire "elite tumbling" coaches for those weeks?
Power tumbling is a completely different program that is gymnastics based. While you can sign up for a week at a time, most of our coaches stay for 4+ weeks, so there is always a degree of solidarity. Every week each group has a Master Staff coach that is very experienced and has worked at camp for many years. Other coaches working with them may be from Cheer Extreme, Top Gun, Louisville, Collegiate universities, etc. so kids will always get the highest level of coaching.

Back