Canadian Gyms - Are Your Coaches Certified?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 3, 2014
Just wondering how common it is for cheerleading coaches in Canada to be certified by the National Coaching Certification Program of Canada or some other body. I don't think there's a cheer-specific coaching program, but I know Gymnastics Canada offers coach training through NCCP.

Are any or all of your coaches certified?

I am, though in theory, volleyball and basketball. Is there a NCCP for cheer?? Last I looked, there wasn't. Everyone is for sure USASF and I've got my Provincial as well. Some of our head coaches have the ACCC?? The American College one that ties in with NFHS I think. I can't remember the acronyms.

Our primary tumbling instructors either have their NCCP or are working towards it. We also have a parent who is a higher level gymnastics instructor who we call on to help us out which is awesome! I have my general theory and am considering taking my multi sport

We're all USASF credentialed (or will be) and also take a course called Respect in Sport from Sport Manitoba. I believe we are also considering having our coaches take the Concussion eLearning from NCP located here

Edit to add: Never mind...found the answer to my question on the USASF web site.

Last edited:
Back