OT Cardio Workouts?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Mar 25, 2010
not sure where to put this.
I'm looking for a good workout to do on my off season to stay in shape. my goal is strictly to stay in shape, I'm not really looking to "bulk up" or anything because i'm a flyer. My biggest weakness right now is I'm having a hard time running because of the pounding on my knee, and need some other alternatives that are just as effective. I appreciate any help :)

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper :)

SPINNING! I'm starting some classes next week with a friend. You can go at your own pace (even in a class), it's definitely not too hard on your knees (I feel you on the pounding...) and a really difficult workout.

I also like the elliptical :)

not sure where to put this.
I'm looking for a good workout to do on my off season to stay in shape. my goal is strictly to stay in shape, I'm not really looking to "bulk up" or anything because i'm a flyer. My biggest weakness right now is I'm having a hard time running because of the pounding on my knee, and need some other alternatives that are just as effective. I appreciate any help :)

peace, love, and happy cheering

showstopper :)

turbofire

The gymnastics coach who I take privates with told me that running on the treadmill is oh so bad for you. He said it pounds on your joints and it really isn't good for you in the long run. He said if you were to run in a gym, the elliptical is the best choice for you! If you want to avoid running at all costs, this website has a bunch of alternative cardio work out ideas, some of them seem pretty cool! http://www.shapefit.com/cardio-exercises.html It has the top 10 activities that burn the most calories and it shows running as 7, elliptical is 8 and walking is 10! So it looks like there are better things to do than just run!
Best of luck!

I started P90X, i'll get back to ya'll in 90 days. be prepared to be blown away by my rippedness.

Back