All-Star Carrots Vs. Sticks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I prefer the carrot, but sometimes girls need the extra conditioning to build the muscle strength for the required skills & stunts. Extra conditioning means physically stronger cheerleaders which can be a very good thing.

I would say both and none. We often do stunts individually in our groups and then when we do all groups together it's like "now or never", but we don't get to do condition if it doesn't hit.

When I coached last season I used both, but carrot worked better most of the times.

I think Sticks work better for me. Like last night our coach said that we had to do the routine full out and for every tumbling pass that wasn't thrown that was 10 push ups for the whole team. It definatly motivated me to throw all my tumbling even though I was so tired because I didn't want to be the girl that made the whole team condition.

It all depends. I could give you a different answer for every team. Our Senior 3 team knows that they can't move on from a section while warming up until everyone throws it 3 times. It can take up to 8 to 10 tries sometimes for everyone to hit it together 3 times. Some teams, i don't have to really do anything to motivate them, they just do what I ask. (that would be my mini 2 team) They enjoy games and prizes, but don't do better for them. Its actually hard for me to get them to not do their routine full out (when I just want to see a transition or something). My Junior 1......... no carrots until they actually start showing up and stop forgetting their counts.....

My CP is on two teams. The mini team uses carrots. I think it is fine for most little ones but for kids that always get the prizes I think it is useless, they don't care anymore. Now on my CP's Jr. team it is sticks. As a parent I like the results that I see from the stick method. The conditioning has really helped the girls and they are a pretty solid team because of it.

Back