All-Star Cbs Sports Vs Espn

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 8, 2011
Anyone else notice that CBS has been showing a lot of cheerleading! I'm a big fan. The commentary seems to be a lot better as well. Also, my assumption to World's having to stay at WWOS was because of ESPN BUT ICU was aired on CBS. Thoughts?

Anyone else notice that CBS has been showing a lot of cheerleading! I'm a big fan. The commentary seems to be a lot better as well. Also, my assumption to World's having to stay at WWOS was because of ESPN BUT ICU was aired on CBS. Thoughts?

Remember cheerleading is 'paid for' to be watched on TV. It isn't like a college football game where ESPN pays for the rights to play it. It is more like an informercial.

I questioned that at Worlds with several production people, and the responce was it Was CBS's year to broadcast. CBS, FOX Sports and ABC get events and programs to share through out a contract. Just what was told to me when I questioned the CBS crew.

Remember cheerleading is 'paid for' to be watched on TV. It isn't like a college football game where ESPN pays for the rights to play it. It is more like an informercial.
I didn't clarify, but CBS covered the ICU as well as college nationals.

I didn't clarify, but CBS covered the ICU as well as college nationals.

Right, but the footage is shot by the EP hosting the event. The EP then takes the footage to a network and pays them to put it on air.

Right, but the footage is shot by the EP hosting the event. The EP then takes the footage to a network and pays them to put it on air.
I understand but what's the major difference btw them taking it to ESPN and CBS?

The one thing that makes me want Worlds to move from Disney almost more then the size of the venue is because I want CBS/Fox to pick up Worlds. They do such an amazing job with the NCA competitions, having multiple shows covering almost all divisions and the commentators are 10x better. I was always under the assumption that while Worlds is at Disney that it would be on ESPN due to the contract.

The one thing that makes me want Worlds to move from Disney almost more then the size of the venue is because I want CBS/Fox to pick up Worlds. They do such an amazing job with the NCA competitions, having multiple shows covering almost all divisions and the commentators are 10x better. I was always under the assumption that while Worlds is at Disney that it would be on ESPN due to the contract.

The venue does not dictate the coverage. CBS not ESPN will be broadcasting worlds this year

The venue does not dictate the coverage. CBS not ESPN will be broadcasting worlds this year

2012 Worlds? According to the USASF Facebook ESPN is covering the competition, they already have the dates and times up for this weekends first show. It is also on my TV schedule as airing this weekend on ESPN2

2012 Worlds? According to the USASF Facebook ESPN is covering the competition, they already have the dates and times up for this weekends first show. It is also on my TV schedule as airing this weekend on ESPN2
What time does it show? I can't get on facebook on my school computer :(

12pm on ESPN2 Sunday May 20.

I don't think it is airing tomorrow like it was originally suppose to. They announced during worlds a show for tomorrow but the USASF only gave 2 date the 20th and then one next month.
thank you! 12 for the east coast?

Back