All-Star CEA accusations

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If true, it's disgusting.

What are the accusations?

Not sure if we’re all talking about the same thing making the rounds on social media but I’m guessing it’s this story:

** Disclaimer: This is secondhand info and the I internet is not the greatest at accurate info but what I gather from 5 min on social media is below.

1. Owner said something derogatory about transgender athletes on another team.
2. Owner was overheard by parent of one of her own athletes.
3. Owner was confronted by parent.
4. Owner did not apologize (at least not at that point.)
5. Parent and child have quit.

Most of this is internet talk but it appears the trans athlete confirmed that there were comments made. All other events who knows.

I can’t imagine that "athlete" would have quit without just cause. I really hope it’s not true because it’s terrible to make a statement like that in front of anyone, let alone a team you are supposed to be guiding. Even more so after her own daughter has been cyber bullied and speculated about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Owner was overheard by the parent of a child on her team, the parent also has a trans child (not the one cheering). We've had several trans athletes at our gym and I have NEVER seen anything said or done with even the slightest bit of malice. Kids in cheer in general are very accepting, especially of anyone in the LGBTQ+ community.

I wasn't there, so I don't know what is true and what isn't or if anything was said the context in how it was said. However, I would encourage all of you - especially adults - not to believe everything you see on cheer twitter. Especially from anons.

Back