All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Also heard the entire R5 team she coaches did not show for practice yesterday/don't plan on coming back. As much as I love my coaches, my parents would not be happy about paying for the season and leaving halfway through.

Not true about the entire team leaving and not coming back. ;)

Someone from ICE Aurora said that 18 athletes have left their j5 team because of their coach leaving for CEA Illinois.

Is the coach that's been announced as leading the new CEA gym a coach from Ice? (Honest question, I don't know these people.)

Is the coach that's been announced as leading the new CEA gym a coach from Ice? (Honest question, I don't know these people.)
Yes, she formerly coached their large j5, youth 5 (they no longer have) and their large restricted 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i dont see the problem in branching out your program by buying an existing gym. Maybe CEA didnt want to spend that kind of money by building a new one, or spending months looking for the right building to morph into a gym (like CA did) so they bought a gym that was already fully equipped.
people on here are always saying how gyms dont own kids, if the kids decide to leave mid season then thats their choice and their parents money. Do i think its odd timing to start mid season, sure. But if they think they can be successful in forming a team then so be it.

has the coach been having problems at ice? just seems crazy to me that in the middle of competition season she decides to leave and open her own gym under the cea name.

i follow the coach and she seems very passionate about the sport and her teams. unless ice was doing something really wrong to her i cant see how she could just leave her teams right in the most important time in the season. seems like shes letting a lot of those kids down that she coaches. why not wait until the season is over with?

Branching out your program isn't a bad thing. Purchasing an existing program and re-branding it isn't a bad thing either. The premeditated and underhanded planning to head a new program mid-season while working for another program is WRONG! People need to look beyond what's on the surface and the excitement of a popular cheer brand expanding to a new area. Ask yourselves why and how could this possibly be conceived from anything positive at the end of January with 3 months remaining in the all star cheerleading season?

I was curious and emailed for information. They are already holding a parent meeting tomorrow night in Aurora. Should be interesting.

I was hoping they meant CEA SEATTLE!!! Darn.

Tell me about it! Although they are getting closer to the northwest. I'm waiting for some big gym to realize how much help the northwest needs!!! (South Elite has done alright at worlds a couple of times, but besides that, we need help!)

I have no ties to either program but the "cheapening your brand" comments are a bit strange.

I'm sure CSP is not hiring Random Aged-out Suzy Who Calls Herself A Coach to run a program 12 hours away.

These folks with mutiple locations generally know what they're doing.

The cheapening your brand comment is not a slam nor a slight at any program or person. It is a general observation that is not inclusive to cheer. Anyone knows that you can potentially dilute something to the point it is no longer as strong as it was. I also said that there was a possibility of it occurring, not consigning it to happen. Any solid business owner would want to make sure that did not happen. Please don't make it out to be something that it wasn't intended to be.

Branching out your program isn't a bad thing. Purchasing an existing program and re-branding it isn't a bad thing either. The premeditated and underhanded planning to head a new program mid-season while working for another program is WRONG! People need to look beyond what's on the surface and the excitement of a popular cheer brand expanding to a new area. Ask yourselves why and how could this possibly be conceived from anything positive at the end of January with 3 months remaining in the all star cheerleading season?
amen!!! i am so incredibly disheartened by all of this! i am a coach, but my kids did also cheer. i would NEVER let them quit something in the middle. one of my kids signed up for a sport - decided half way thru that they really didn't like it that much. I told them they needed to see through the commitment they made & give it their all. if they chose not to return to it the next season, then that would be fine. but bottom line - you finish what you started.
just getting more and more annoyed the more things i hear about all of this.

Not relevant to CEA or their gazillion gyms, but this thread did have me thinking: aside from Cali what other gyms have won worlds or place top with a team that is not from their main location? TG is another that comes to mind, and of course ssx.

No thank you. Not a fan. I don't have a problem with gyms expanding even far from their original locations. I don't have an issue with coaches splitting from their gym and opening a new gym, and athletes following them (some of you may know that's exactly what happened that brought me to the program I finished my allstar years with and I fully support that program and the way it was done). But there are good ways to cut ties with a program, and ditching your teams mid season and opening a new gym immediately is not that. I've been a part of a team where coaches left mid season and it's always been for unprofessional and immature reasons, so that is probably coloring my opinion on this (just throwing it out there).
Idk if the kids leaving part is true, but if so I blame their parents. Older generations can talk and talk about how we need instant gratification but kids can't just switch gyms without parental support, after all theyre the ones paying (typically). Teach your kids to follow through on their commitments. Don't just let them switch gyms because they feel like it today and then complain about how we're a society that needs instant gratification. Unless there are bigger issues like the gym stealing money or coaches abusing your children - but considering they're *reportedly* following the coach that's not the case - there's really no reason you shouldn't finish the season (when you're this far in).

Back