All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

In some states it does. In Missouri at least, the only reason we can do both is because it's an activity and not a sport. If it ever becomes a sport, we will have to choose allstar or school. It's a rule for all sports that you can't compete on a club team during your school team's season. I assume the reason the poster put it that way is because it's that way in their state too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, wasn't clear. My point was that it's not the case in every state where cheer is a sport.

Really wouldn't mind a us gym to come to sweden tbh. :D

that would be fun but that would mean us getting realy gyms not just school gymnasiums with dead mats. but i look forward to the day swedish cheer compares to american because it will come.

that would be fun but that would mean us getting realy gyms not just school gymnasiums with dead mats. but i look forward to the day swedish cheer compares to american because it will come.

They would probably have to do dead mats either way, since regionals and nationals are on dead. :) There are a few teams around who has some kind of springfloor/panels. I'm not sure we'll do spring on championships ever though, since we still wanna keep the kind of ICU cheer that might be at olympics if we ever get there haha. :)

They would probably have to do dead mats either way, since regionals and nationals are on dead. :) There are a few teams around who has some kind of springfloor/panels. I'm not sure we'll do spring on championships ever though, since we still wanna keep the kind of ICU cheer that might be at olympics if we ever get there haha. :)

We were at Cheer Infinity in Sweden over xmas. The lady in charge told me they had wanted to have their own gym but then realized they wouldn't have been allowed to compete at most of the comps in Sweden... they are only for organizations (föreningar), not for gyms that are run for profit (like the gyms in the US).

We were at Cheer Infinity in Sweden over xmas. The lady in charge told me they had wanted to have their own gym but then realized they wouldn't have been allowed to compete at most of the comps in Sweden... they are only for organizations (föreningar), not for gyms that are run for profit (like the gyms in the US).

Yeah, it's all non profit. I think you have to like go pro to make money out of it, but there's no "pro league" in Sweden. I have a friend who's a boxer, when he went pro to get money out of it, he gave up the chance to go to the olympics and everything. So I think it might be like a sports wide thing, but I'm not sure! Didn't even think about that, that's probably really off-putting to an american gym, to not make any money out of it.. All you can really make money on is privates I guess. :D

a56f4f71cfcdac03257b88a70c069f3c.jpg

Well that was fast. I guess tryouts are tomorrow then.

We have seen postings of girls with uniforms already. Tryouts are Saturday snd Sunday. I believe they will move forward mid season depending upon the turn out. My bet is athletes that are well trained will not have a problem putting together routines at this point. Not sure brand new / newbies are the target right now.

I am still dying to know the back story on this. But anyways, it will be interesting to see how it works for them.

If they are having tryouts though, then I'm assuming they had quite a nice turnout. I'm curious to see what age range and level they acquired. We've discussed the high school athletes, but I wonder what levels they will field. Doesn't CEA basically have a level 5 team in every possible category?

We have seen postings of girls with uniforms already. Tryouts are Saturday snd Sunday. I believe they will move forward mid season depending upon the turn out. My bet is athletes that are well trained will not have a problem putting together routines at this point. Not sure brand new / newbies are the target right now.

And even if they are, plenty of LVL 1 Mid-Seasons around the country have only just gotten together in the past month or so; and if dedicated enough, teaching a LVL 1 routine isn't that difficult if there are enough newcomers.

I say this as a parent who's child went onto a Mini Mid-Season with 20 ish athletes and none of them had cheer experience and in 2 months were able to perform a routine.

I am still dying to know the back story on this. But anyways, it will be interesting to see how it works for them.

If they are having tryouts though, then I'm assuming they had quite a nice turnout. I'm curious to see what age range and level they acquired. We've discussed the high school athletes, but I wonder what levels they will field. Doesn't CEA basically have a level 5 team in every possible category?
Yes, and some of the senior 5 divisions already have multiple teams.

ETA: Right now they have 1 small senior, 2 medium or 2 large senior depending on what LOT is doing, 2 small coeds, 1 medium coed, 1 large coed

Last edited:

They had 2 Large Coed teams last year so it's not uncommon for them to double up.

Latest posts

Back