All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think that @mstealtoyou said that. For reasons that are unknown, the coach was let go. The athletes followed her.

Obviously, there is much more to the story than what is being shared publicly. Unless there are parents or athletes here that are directly involved and they choose to share their side, most of what we say and discuss here will be speculation.

That what CALIGirlzz post above me stated.

That what CALIGirlzz post above me stated.

I apologized just above your post. I didn't see that. My apologies. :)

EDIT: I see why I missed it now, it was all in quotes and for some reason, my brain doesn't read those! Lol.

Generally speaking, if you want loyalty you need to give loyalty. In addition, if anyone is terminated from a job I highly doubt you would wait 5 months to go back to work.
I have learned over the years that sometimes you need to do what is best for you, even if it means it isn't best for others.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I think cheer gyms have the right to open locations wherever they want to and I believe there are valid reasons for leaving a team mid season. However, I think it's quite unethical to open a gym mid-season and hold tryouts for teams. In my opinion, it's completely disrespectful to the established gyms in the area and athletes currently competing on teams. I suppose it always depends on the circumstances, but, based on what I've read here, I don't believe there are legitimate reasons in this case.

I'm going to avoid speculating right now as I really don't have enough information to make a judgments for either side of the story. It's easy to see CEA as the big bad gym in this story but we really have no idea what truly happened yet.

Generally speaking, if you want loyalty you need to give loyalty. In addition, if anyone is terminated from a job I highly doubt you would wait 5 months to go back to work.
I have learned over the years that sometimes you need to do what is best for you, even if it means it isn't best for others.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Quittbedrama for the win

Also agree with three sides to every story. These things usually have a way of becoming known so we'll all just have to wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm going to avoid speculating right now as I really don't have enough information to make a judgments for either side of the story. It's easy to see CEA as the big bad gym in this story but we really have no idea what truly happened yet.

To be fair though there are 2 big bad gyms in this story. ICE isn't some Craptastic Allstars ! (I know you weren't saying they were just using your post to jump off).

It's been discussed* quite a bit in this thread that in Illinois kids who do high school cheer can't do allstar until their school season is over. So it's not that uncommon to create teams at this point of the all star season.

Yes I do understand this but I guess I'm thinking more like... what is the rush since it all just happened super fast

Whenever a thread criticizes a specific gym (Cali, CEA, etc.) I always take a step back and ask what it is that people are reacting to.

I also wonder if we substituted another gym name, would people still find the action to be wrong?

For example, would this still be unacceptable if it were Spirit of Texas: Chicago Edition? Cheer Athletics Chicago? ACE of Chicago?

Last edited:
Whenever a thread criticizes a specific gym (Cali, CEA, etc.) I always take a step back and ask what is that people are reacting to.

I also wonder if we substituted another gym name, would people still find the action to be wrong?

For example, would this still be unacceptable if it were Spirit of Texas: Chicago Edition? Cheer Athletics Chicago? ACE of Chicago?

No difference in my book.

Whenever a thread criticizes a specific gym (Cali, CEA, etc.) I always take a step back and ask what it is that people are reacting to.

I don't think it would change anything. It's not the gym(s) in question that I think people are upset over, more so the timing. Had they opened the gym now but did what CA Frisco did and just offered classes until the new season started, I think it would be a totally different conversation.

To be fair though there are 2 big bad gyms in this story. ICE isn't some Craptastic Allstars ! (I know you weren't saying they were just using your post to jump off).

Oh no totally I was just saying that because most of the posts seem to be negatively turned towards CEA

New business anywhere is great IMO but, when dealing with kids, close proximity and social media I think it would have been beneficial for the kids and businesses to start the comp teams next season. With that said, kudos to Illinois if you can really find a building, pass code, and get the license and permits needed to open a business in three weeks.

Last edited:
Back