All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Why would she move the actual gym that far away from the athletes she is coaching? Doesn't seem like a good move to me. I've heard the same rumor regarding the location of the actual gym (potentially buying out another gym that is close to GTIL). Looks like we will have to wait awhile until we find out, because at this point everything is just rumor.

Ok so I looked more into this on Twitter and did this coach leave ICE at the end of last season for Gymtyme IL? Am I thinking of someone else?

ETA: I have some vague recollection of that happening and when I looked up the coach on Twitter it reminded me of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok so I looked more into this on Twitter and did this coach leave ICE at the end of last season for Gymtyme IL? Am I thinking of someone else?

ETA: I have some vague recollection of that happening and when I looked up the coach on Twitter it reminded me of it.

I believe you're thinking of a different male coach from ICE.

Okay here's my opinion.
Cheerleading is a business (obviously). Just like real life, there are businesses without certain morals/integrity/respect, whatever you want to call it. Story: back in 2005ish, pizza place A closed. One of the managers of pizza place A decided to open up pizza place B in the same building as pizza place A used to be. A lot of the staff from A stayed to work at pizza place B. Two years later, the owner from Pizza place A reopened its doors... Right across the street. A bunch of the staff returned back to A and pizza place B started going down hill. None of the employees really gave their two weeks and didn't look back.
Was it very ethical of A to reopen its door across the street? No, but a businesses is a business. Gotta do what you gotta do.

Also, I'm used to having this amount of time do get a routine together. When I did Rec cheer, every year we had "half seasons" which was January-March. We only had about 10 practices every year before our first competition. I'm sure a bunch of experienced athletes could pull it off with the right coaching and tons of focus!

Heids is still rocking! I can't live without their hotdogs, fries, and chocolate milk. It's a summer tradition. I think people would revolt if they ever tried to close. (I am so blown away that you just asked that because I feel like it's our little gem and no one gets our loyalty to a hyped up, permanent hotdog stand. This was the best thing to wake up to :) )
Oh I loved Heid's. I use my Heid's mug all the time
25b8cc5d5bba8dd8fad38140863e371a.jpg

So I am finally saying uncle...a now realize our fair state is a hotbed for drama... My opinion is there are all kinds of rights and wrongs in this situation and lots of grey.
With this many athletes / parents willing to follow - this probably says something. And I feel for the athletes left behind who I heard were told / not sure what team they will be placed on.

And regarding loyalty - I get the point but where is the loyalty when an athlete comes in mid-season and takes the spot of an athlete who has been there from the beginning.
My biggest question is how can they register for Cheersport if registration is indeed closed.

So I am finally saying uncle...a now realize our fair state is a hotbed for drama... My opinion is there are all kinds of rights and wrongs in this situation and lots of grey.
With this many athletes / parents willing to follow - this probably says something. And I feel for the athletes left behind who I heard were told / not sure what team they will be placed on.

And regarding loyalty - I get the point but where is the loyalty when an athlete comes in mid-season and takes the spot of an athlete who has been there from the beginning.
My biggest question is how can they register for Cheersport if registration is indeed closed.

Money talks.

Integrity is important in my household too. However we have once quit a program mid-November. We were with a small gym program here locally. The first year we had a great experience. The second year we found out at the end of October that the gym was breaking USASF rules, one of them regarding the age grid for team levels. We first went to the all-star director. We were lied to. I then went to the gym owner. He agreed to look into it. He then did nothing about it. When they fired a coach for telling the truth about the rules they were breaking and then did nothing to comply with the rules. I said forget it we are out of here.

So sometimes integrity is about standing up for what is right, i.e. following the rules of the governing body of your sport. We kept our integrity by leaving and refusing to participate in a program that would not follow the rules.

That is the ONLY time we've ever left mid season and I would do it all over again under the same circumstances.
THIS is an extenuating/dangerous/felonious circumstance. I would have done the exact same thing.

Cheer is a business.
Supermarkets are a business.
Clothing is a business.
Food is a business.

You don't always go to the same supermarket/clothes store/cafe. Say you go to whole foods, but then traders joe opens up in town. You go to traders joe and you prefer it, so you keep going there. It's a business and it offers better, so why keep going to the other one? Just like cheer, if a new business opens up and you prefer it there is no reason to keep going to the other one.

Say your dry cleaning place SUCKS, so you refuse to tip as you are not satisfied with their job. You are not paying for something that you don't like, right? So if your cheer team has a monthly fee of $150, but the team never learns anything and is disorganised, and you refuse to pay the fee and you pull your child out. Again, you aren't paying for something that doesn't deserve your payment.

+leaving fees. Why should you have to pay a fee for being able to leave something you hate? They just confuse me.

Cheer is a business.
Clothing is a business.
Food is a business.

You don't always go to the same supermarket/clothes store/cafe. Say you go to whole foods, but then traders joe opens up in town. You go to traders joe and you prefer it, so you keep going there. It's a business and it offers better, so why keep going to the other one? Just like cheer, if a new business opens up and you prefer it there is no reason to keep going to the other one.

Say your dry cleaning place SUCKS, so you refuse to tip as you are not satisfied with their job. You are not paying for something that you don't like, right? So if your cheer team has a monthly fee of $150, but the team never learns anything and is disorganised, and you refuse to pay the fee and you pull your child out. Again, you aren't paying for something that doesn't deserve your payment.

+leaving fees. Why should you have to pay a fee for being able to leave something you hate? They just confuse me.
Not a great comparison. Choosing to go to a different supermarket halfway through the year doesn't affect other people. I have no problem with people "shopping around" cheer gyms, just finish your commitment and wait until the season is over.

Cheer is a business.
Clothing is a business.
Food is a business.

The difference is that when you choose to buy groceries somewhere, it doesn't affect the other customers. I'm not saying that there aren't any circumstances where leaving a gym would be understandable, but you have to take into account that joining a gym and trying out for a team in the first place is a commitment. If you switch grocery stores, no one will care except the owner. If you leave a team in the middle of the season, all your teammates are going to be affected as well as the coaches/owners.

Cheer is a business.
Clothing is a business.
Food is a business.

The contract I signed at the beginning year states that if we pull CP out or she is asked to leave there is a $250 fee. It's for rechoreographing. I'm in favor of this type of fee.

I am sure no one is this case is getting any refunds from ICE. Not having rules about athlete registration /releases - 1. allows for gyms to recruit even after the season starts and 2. makes it easy for athletes to change mid season if another gym is willing to take that athlete.

And guys having rules about changing organizations is not a new thing - many youth sports have this.

Back