All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Question: if this new gym/team plans to go to Worlds wouldn't the athletes who switched and already competed for ICE have to obtain releases from ICE to set foot on that Worlds floor?

Also, while I'm all for commitment, why is it ok for the gyms to replace kids on their team if a better tumbling/stunting Susie shows up mid-season. Isn't it a 2-way street?

I think the release is only for World's teams and since this was an 5R that wouldn't apply?

Question: if this new gym/team plans to go to Worlds wouldn't the athletes who switched and already competed for ICE have to obtain releases from ICE to set foot on that Worlds floor?

Also, while I'm all for commitment, why is it ok for the gyms to replace kids on their team if a better tumbling/stunting Susie shows up mid-season. Isn't it a 2-way street?
Is there a release needed if a kid competes r5 for one gym then wants to compete for a worlds team at a different gym?

I don't like the idea of a gym replacing kids bc someone "better" comes along, but the industry allows it. The contract most of us sign is to be on a team not a specific team or position. We commit to cheering with the program without any promise from them in return other than our kid gets to be on a team of their choosing. Going back to soccer, the contract we sign states the exact team (age and skill level) our child is signing for and they can't be moved without mutual consent.

Is there a release needed if a kid competes r5 for one gym then wants to compete for a worlds team at a different gym?

I don't like the idea of a gym replacing kids bc someone "better" comes along, but the industry allows it. The contract most of us sign is to be on a team not a specific team or position. We commit to cheering with the program without any promise from them in return other than our kid gets to be on a team of their choosing. Going back to soccer, the contract we sign states the exact team (age and skill level) our child is signing for and they can't be moved without mutual consent.
Yes, a release would be required to compete at Worlds.

Kind of... I remember when I was cheering (way back when) our contract stated
A. I am committed to staying with (insert gym name) for this season.
B. I understand that my place on X team is not guaranteed.

Gyms may guarantee a place on a team, but it might not be the one you originally tried out for or were originally placed on. Granted, I think that gyms should give an athlete some warning or a grace period before they are cut from a team. In this situation, the girls just left, no warning, no chance to fix anything.

The former Twitter account of ICE Passion is now CEA Passion and states they are Senior Restricted 5.

I noticed that account just switched from Ice Passion to CEA passion and if you go back just a few weeks there's pics of the team and encouraging type tweets for Ice and retweets supporting Ice. It's just all sorts of awkward. Lol

I'm assuming it's the coach running the account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I noticed that account just switched from Ice Passion to CEA passion and if you go back just a few weeks there's pics of the team and encouraging type tweets for Ice and retweets supporting Ice. It's just all sorts of awkward. Lol

I'm assuming it's the coach running the account.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slight thread jack, but I'll never understand why people don't delete crap from their social media. Like, we WILL read back a bit and see that you changed political parties when you got a new boyfriend. I'm just saying.

It's one thing to open your business and advertise tryouts and have some open gyms and classes until that time. Congrats and good luck to your new program. To open midseason and take athletes from established teams and then to use the same team name? Just wow. It's disrespectful to every single gym in that area and especially to Ice. This makes me wholeheartedly support usasf release waivers for every level not just worlds teams.
#TheTruthEveryoneWantedToHear

Back