All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Luckily, on Worlds Teams now, only 3 TOTAL Sally/Steve's can be put back on a team.
Very true! But if Sally/Steve replace Susie in January it may be before the bid has actually been received, though months after Susie started practicing back in May... They won't even count towards that 3.
And I totally get this isn't at all what happened here...Just as a now "retired" (or are we? Lol!) cheer mom...I'm trying to wrap my head around some of the stuff we accepted as part of this sport/not sport.

I am so sorry.....I was on my phone and actually meant to shimmy your post. How do I undo it?

It's a common mistake on phones. Just click 'undo rating' and try to click the shimmy button instead. It's sometimes easier to hit it if you zoom in.

ICE fired her so the idea of staying with the commitment is moot. Even if she wanted to stay with ICE to finish this season she wasn't allowed to.

As for the rush, she likely has bills she needs to pay like the rest of the world and sitting around for three and a half months for a paycheck likely won't end well.

I mean she didn't seem too committed to ICE in the first place if she was planning on opening a gym with thoughts of taking athletes away while working at ICE. So why should they stay loyal to her and not fire her? Who was the one "lacking commitment"? It wasn't ICE.

As for the rush, she could've offered classes, prep teams, privates, etc until the end of the season to pay her bills. Not steal kids away from a gym mid season. I'm all for do what you need to do to survive but there were other options.

If she just offered classes does ice have a policy of training at other gyms? I know some gyms do so that potentially couldn't be an option for her.

If she just offered classes does ice have a policy of training at other gyms? I know some gyms do so that potentially couldn't be an option for her.
It's not encouraged to take classes/tumble at other gyms but it's allowed. Unless things have changed since last season and I'm just not aware of it.

I mean she didn't seem too committed to ICE in the first place if she was planning on opening a gym with thoughts of taking athletes away while working at ICE. So why should they stay loyal to her and not fire her? Who was the one "lacking commitment"? It wasn't ICE.

As for the rush, she could've offered classes, prep teams, privates, etc until the end of the season to pay her bills. Not steal kids away from a gym mid season. I'm all for do what you need to do to survive but there were other options.

So you're saying that if you have a job at Grocery Store A and get approached by Grocery Store B because they want you to be their store manager, but first they need to establish themselves, get the building up, codes done...etc, and the position will start 6 months later, you're going to quite A and wait that 6 months because of loyalty? Puh-lease!

As it's been stated, she was leaving (and this has come from both sides of the sources so I'm gonna assume this information is mostly factual) the program at the end of the season. Whether or not others were following her isn't really a factor...she was willing to spend the next 3 and a half months committed to her team at ICE and the owner at ICE fired her. Whether or not I agree with that decision she was let go. If you want to play the game of semantics, neither were loyal to the other---but in no way do I think either were more loyal than the other.

As for 'stealing' kids, I disagree with the word stealing----she didn't grab up 17 athletes and run out the door with them to another building. They left, on their own accord, for whatever reasons they did. She isn't responsible for that and while I believe most in this thread would not have let their kids leave mid-season, these parents clearly felt it was the better idea. It's been stated a few times that a lot of the athletes closest to her have been with her since their Mini days, those bonds formed that early are strong...I think for the majority of athletes who just left were leaving the second she did. It didn't matter whether or not ICE let her stay, they were gone the second she was, it just happened to be sooner than they planned.

I'm a person who is very much, 'put your money where your mouth is,' and in this case I see these parents leaving as doing just that. When it came down to it, the coach made the sport for their kids---not ICE. Had it been the other way around, she wouldn't have teams to put together because the athletes would have stayed put.

You also have to remember that turnover is expensive, and no business wants to have a turnover rate. And typically, an employer will fight to keep someone who is worth keeping, even if they make a mistake. If the owner at ICE was that quick to fire her, than there is something else going on too- past arguments, lack of hard work, not being accountable, disrespect etc.

I'm not saying Kaley is a bad coach/person. ( I don't even know her) Just adding to the conversation that there is way more going on and that the tensions have been around for a while.

Ice allows athletes to train at other gyms. In fact most ice athletes who take privates take them from coaches at other gyms. There is really only 1 coach who can teach tumbling and he doesn't have a lot of time for privates. He is also kind of intense and not a good fit for a lot of kids. Most kids at Ice go to a gymnastics gym, GTIL or IA for privates so it wouldn't have been an issue. However I don't think Kaley teaches tumbling. She teaches stretching and fitness though. And I'm sure some would have gone to her for those classes. Not sure if thst would be enough to pay the bills or not though.

I don't know that she actively recruited. I got the impression she was caught off guard when she was fired. The thing about Kaley is that the kids on her teams LOVE her. She has almost a cult like following with them. The core group that left have been with her for years. If she hadn't opened the gym I suspect many of those girls would have just sat the rest of the season out. Other teams at Ice don't have that kind of loyalty to a coach. They are more loyal to the gym as a whole, but Passion was all about Kaley.

You also have to remember that turnover is expensive, and no business wants to have a turnover rate. And typically, an employer will fight to keep someone who is worth keeping, even if they make a mistake. If the owner at ICE was that quick to fire her, than there is something else going on too- past arguments, lack of hard work, not being accountable, disrespect etc.

I'm not saying Kaley is a bad coach/person. ( I don't even know her) Just adding to the conversation that there is way more going on and that the tensions have been around for a while.

It's been stated in this thread alone that this isn't the case in AS gyms. Of course every gym will have their own rules, and I can't remember who said it, but the mere question from another gym got her fired. With as catty and petty as some within AS cheer are, I doubt there needed to be much for her to be fired---good or bad person, don't think it mattered that much.

ICE fired her so the idea of staying with the commitment is moot. Even if she wanted to stay with ICE to finish this season she wasn't allowed to.

As for the rush, she likely has bills she needs to pay like the rest of the world and sitting around for three and a half months for a paycheck likely won't end well.

I meant to coach the athletes from the outside to finish what they started.

Yes there are bills to pay, however that is the risk one decides to run and should of built a cushion should this situation arise.

My take on it from a business standpoint - protect what you started from within otherwise absene might change minds. I would assume a program would not take on this venutre without some start up numbers

Ice allows athletes to train at other gyms. In fact most ice athletes who take privates take them from coaches at other gyms. There is really only 1 coach who can teach tumbling and he doesn't have a lot of time for privates. He is also kind of intense and not a good fit for a lot of kids. Most kids at Ice go to a gymnastics gym, GTIL or IA for privates so it wouldn't have been an issue. However I don't think Kaley teaches tumbling. She teaches stretching and fitness though. And I'm sure some would have gone to her for those classes. Not sure if thst would be enough to pay the bills or not though.
Curious...What's IA?

Back