All-Star Cea Chicago

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There should be a couple more around the Rockford area as well. I believe four teams from three cities/towns in that area qualified. And many kids from that area are willing to drive to the big names in the suburbs.

I think that map only had Large Varsity on it. Not sure but that is my guess.

For a big name they will drive from my area. Especially at Level 5.

I think that map only had Large Varsity on it. Not sure but that is my guess.

For a big name they will drive from my area. Especially at Level 5.
The town that it looks like its at is Co-ed but who knows. If I remember correctly, there were two co-ed teams, a medium, a large, and a small team from the area that qualified.

The SYTD episode had to have been filmed at least 1 1/2 to 2 years ago (Kelly got married fall of 2014) and only aired in Europe.

Their time was also condensed to that 3 minute video posted on Facebook and from what I remember they didn't make a big deal about her owning a gym. She just stated her family owned the largest cheer gym in the world and they moved on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Interesting, any idea how many total athletes they have?

Interesting, any idea how many total athletes they have?

This was taken around showcase, if it helps puts the numbers into perspective.
12339671_950190918401805_111743815087527689_o.jpg

what about the teams that don't continue to qualify on...are they all held to the same date of being "released" or are they allowed as soon as their high school season ends?

what about the teams that don't continue to qualify on...are they all held to the same date of being "released" or are they allowed as soon as their high school season ends?

By the "law" they are released once their season ends. So if they did not qualify at Sectionals they were released. By what their school coaches (or in a few rare cases the schools) request they may not be "released" unless they are not coming back to cheer school again. They may schedule camps, fundraisers, clinics, etc to keep them going until the tryouts for school in May/June.

There is still a protect my turf mentality between school coaches and All Star coaches just like in other states. Perhaps more so here because it is considered a sport and it is very competitive. Some schools will work with the All Star gyms, some wont for fear they will lose kids to the gym. And the reverse is true with All Star gyms fearing they will lose kids to school cheer. There are just as many recruiting issues between school cheer and All Stars as there is between All Star gyms. Typically the gyms and schools that make peace and find a way to work together and set acceptable boundaries end up being the stronger school programs.

By the "law" they are released once their season ends. So if they did not qualify at Sectionals they were released. By what their school coaches (or in a few rare cases the schools) request they may not be "released" unless they are not coming back to cheer school again. They may schedule camps, fundraisers, clinics, etc to keep them going until the tryouts for school in May/June.

There is still a protect my turf mentality between school coaches and All Star coaches just like in other states. Perhaps more so here because it is considered a sport and it is very competitive. Some schools will work with the All Star gyms, some wont for fear they will lose kids to the gym. And the reverse is true with All Star gyms fearing they will lose kids to school cheer. There are just as many recruiting issues between school cheer and All Stars as there is between All Star gyms. Typically the gyms and schools that make peace and find a way to work together and set acceptable boundaries end up being the stronger school programs.

That is *horrible*. In Maine, we have two cheer seasons: Football (which goes from mid-August through whenever your football team is out) and Basketball/Competition (November-February). Your team cannot do mandatory practices until preseason begins in mid-August (so like camps and stuff are technically optional) and there must be separate tryouts for each season, and you cannot begin working on a competition routine until Football season ends. Further, to cheer on the Competition squad, you must also cheer on a Basketball or Hockey squad as well. After your season is over, you're done until the next season begins, and you're free to do whatever.

are these team photos? so crossovers could be in here up to 3 times? Still impressive either way just curious. (Disclaimer: I'm not being snarky about crossovers even though I'm not a fan, I'm just genuinely interested in the #s)
That was my first thought too, it is still an extremely large amount of athletes but as it shows what looks like team photos I am assuming crossovers are included in the overall gym photo 2 or 3 times, depending on the number of teams on which they crossover.

are these team photos? so crossovers could be in here up to 3 times? Still impressive either way just curious. (Disclaimer: I'm not being snarky about crossovers even though I'm not a fan, I'm just genuinely interested in the #s)
There are crossovers in there.

That was my first thought too, it is still an extremely large amount of athletes but as it shows what looks like team photos I am assuming crossovers are included in the overall gym photo 2 or 3 times, depending on the number of teams on which they crossover.

I'm not sure all cea gyms have crossovers though? I don't know but I haven't heard much about the other 8/9/10 gyms working a lot with crossovers. There were about 82 teams on x evolution I think, and I wouldn't assume most of them have crossovers.

I'm not sure all cea gyms have crossovers though? I don't know but I haven't heard much about the other 8/9/10 gyms working a lot with crossovers. There were about 82 teams on x evolution I think, and I wouldn't assume most of them have crossovers.

CEA Roanoke does-I would say almost half of our athletes on CPs team crossover to another team. I think it's like that for a lot of our teams.

I'm not a doctor or lawyer, I just play one at work.

r05wzm.jpg

Just as reference. These are the city/town locations (supposedly) all of the schools that qualified for IHSA States this upcoming weekend. Remember unless gyms are breaking the rules these athletes can not cheer both All Stars and High School cheer until after next weekend. So if all these athletes will be "free" after next weekend, you can better see why no matter the other circumstances the timing was exactly right to open a gym in the Chicago area.
I think there are more than this. 17 schools from the south suburbs qualified for State including multiple schools from same town.

Back