All-Star Champions League 2015

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 25, 2014
Didn't see this being talked about anywhere, but it has been announced that CL will be taking place in Los Angeles this year.
I personally don't see this as a good idea, considering there are no gyms in the LA area and the prices for plane tickets flying into LAX will be ridiculously expensive. Spectator numbers will be low since there aren't many locals, besides friends and family of athletes that might come along for the competition. As well as the level 1-4 competition, I can't imagine bigger gyms flying teams out to LA.
Any other opinions?

Last edited:
Didn't see this being talked about anywhere, but it has been announced that CL will be taking place in Los Angeles this year.
I personally don't see this as a good idea, considering there are no gyms in the LA area and the prices for plane tickets flying into LAX will be ridiculously expensive. Spectator numbers will be low since there aren't many locals, besides friends and family of athletes that might come along for the competition. As well as the level 1-4 competition, I can't imagine bigger gyms flying teams out to LA.
Any other opinions?
If it's held a month before worlds like last season I can't imagine a lot of teams agreeing to go.

im pretty sure there are gyms in the LA county 10 million person area (ventura, san bernardio, orange, kern and san diego counties bring in another 10 million; all less then 1.5 hours from downtown LA). besides, what does that have to do with the success of the program? also, flying into LAX is the cheapest compared to the alternative options: long beach, burbank, ontario and john wayne, in my experience.

im pretty sure there are gyms in the LA county 10 million person area (ventura, san bernardio, orange, kern and san diego counties bring in another 10 million; all less then 1.5 hours from downtown LA). besides, what does that have to do with the success of the program? also, flying into LAX is the cheapest compared to the alternative options: long beach, burbank, ontario and john wayne, in my experience.
Point taken. I meant teams in LA itself, there's a lot in Ontario, Ventura, and Orange that I didn't think about.

I can't say I disagree with the fact that flying most teams across the country a month before is a bad idea. I know there are a ton of people in LA but that's a long haul for most teams. I know West Coast teams fly East for most things but there are way more East coast teams to begin with, so it makes more sense for things to be closer to the East coast.

Think of it this way, if you're having a family reunion, are you going to do it closer to all your family and relatives or far away because one relative doesn't live near the rest?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

BpuiM3xIEAA8i3P.jpg

long way before worlds and about a month before NCA.

Wasn't the movie aspect one of the biggest things that set the Champions League apart? So if you want to have an Academy Awards style "prom" and a big movie type environment/premiere... where better than LA?

As far as cost... I am guessing that for many of the teams that didn't drive to Atlanta, it will cost less than the flights into Atlanta to fly into LAX.

BpuiM3xIEAA8i3P.jpg

long way before worlds and about a month before NCA.
Wait..... a month before NCA? When's NCA next year? I know UCA is going to be the weekend right before CL, so I can imagine how some teams would have to sacrifice attending either competition because back-to-back competitions that require traveling is a big no no.

Triple Crown vs. Champions League, it's up to the gyms.

I just looked. Its almost double to fly to LAX instead of Vegas. I can see a lot of spectators not going.

what is your source? it doesnt seem to be accurate.

KAYAK - Cheap Flights, Hotels, Airline Tickets, Cheap Tickets, Cheap Travel Deals - Compare Hundreds of Travel Sites At Once

roundtrip, march 19-23 2015, delta airlines

dallas to vegas $403 delta
dallas to lax $334 delta

miami to vegas $513
miami to lax $360

ny jfk to vegas $409
ny jfk to lax $398

i even did a current dates search june 19-23
$732 miami to vegas
$518 miami to lax

Back