All-Star Champion's League Autographed Back Packs By Nfinity~

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sorry for attributing spoiled suzies to you. It was @Mamarazzi 'a fault!

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Sure was. And I sincerely laugh in anyone's face that thinks every athlete on a team is an angel. They're not. Welcome to life.

I realize that some of you know some of these kids personally, but don't forget, I do too. And I can assure you that for some, not all, this was in no way a life-altering act.

I equate it to the CEO that writes a check to charity for $100,000 and the CEO that leaves to do a year of mission work. Both are admirable and needed in the charity world. I mean these non-profits would be dead without these large donations! However I'm probably going to respect the CEO that dedicated the year of his life a little more than the one that sent the money and I'm willing to bet that CEO got more out of the year experience (I've never been a CEO or had 100,000 to donate so I'm only assuming. ☺️).

Sure was. And I sincerely laugh in anyone's face that thinks every athlete on a team is an angel. They're not. Welcome to life.

I realize that some of you know some of these kids personally, but don't forget, I do too. And I can assure you that for some, not all, this was in no way a life-altering act.
Given the fact I work with teenagers on a regular basis I think I'm pretty "up" on the realities of life.

So I'll just speak for myself. It hasn't been a life-altering act for my son but this charity and Amy and Bryce are very important to him. While I (as his mother) may think he's a "spoiled Susie" because he doesn't really clean his room, do laundry or wash dishes etc around the house, he most assuredly is not a "spoiled Susie" in cheer terms and it's hurtful he got labeled that way merely because he signed a backpack. I get that you know some of these kids and may very well be correct. But you don't know mine.

Generalizations is any sense are not productive.

These kids are cheerleaders, not mission workers. It's not their duty to go that "one step further" because you think it is not good enough. People do what they can when they can do it. As Kyle Richards says, we need to stop looking for "t*ts on an ant".
We should relish in the fact that with so much negativity associated with our sport, it's a great thing to learn that athletes chose to participate in raising money for charities. However I will be sure to let my athletes know they didn't do enough.
I'm sure all of the charity critiques are being written from a homeless shelter as you're simultaneously handing out sandwiches to the needy...:rolleyes:

While I (as his mother) may think he's a "spoiled Susie" because he doesn't really clean his room, do laundry or wash dishes etc around the house, he most assuredly is not a "spoiled Susie" in cheer terms and it's hurtful he got labeled that way merely because he signed a backpack. I get that you know some of these kids and may very well be correct. But you don't know mine.

He did not get labeled "that way." Suzy did.

Assumptions are just as damaging as generalizations.

And @blunchin - it would be extra amazing for these and all kids, parents, coaches, owners, and the world in general to do as much as humanly possible for each other. So of course, I would encourage everyone to "do more." Too often, we all get wrapped up in our own lives and don't put others' needs before our own. I certainly don't think encouraging teens to take positive action, as teens are developmentally quite selfish, is a negative thing.

Now excuse me while I make another sandwich.

He did not get labeled "that way." Suzy did.

Assumptions are just as damaging as generalizations.

And @blunchin - it would be extra amazing for these and all kids, parents, coaches, owners, and the world in general to do as much as humanly possible for each other. So of course, I would encourage everyone to "do more." Too often, we all get wrapped up in our own lives and don't put others' needs before our own. I certainly don't think encouraging teens to take positive action, as teens are developmentally quite selfish, is a negative thing.

Now excuse me while I make another sandwich.

Could you make me some popcorn?

Could you make me some popcorn?

I think you probably have the financial and physical ability to make your own popcorn, but seeing as I love popcorn, and I'm all about doing something for my fellow human being, I'll be happy to make you some popcorn. :enjoyshow:

I think someone also said that certain charities might not allow them to give the checks in person. Places like women's shelters/homeless shelter's (depending on location) can be VERY protective places that might discourage large in-person situations. I had to get a background check to work with my homeless after-school program, and I needed an ID and a whole security process EVERY time I went in. Granted, I'm in the city so it's a touch different.

I think you probably have the financial and physical ability to make your own popcorn, but seeing as I love popcorn, and I'm all about doing something for my fellow human being, I'll be happy to make you some popcorn. :enjoyshow:

Oh the social conscience guilt! I'm tired and broke so you'd be helping out a cranky broke b*tch. Lol! :chestbump:

If your going accuse someone of posting something at least quote the right post and the right person.
I know of more than a couple "cheerlebrities" that devote themselves to raising money for charity. Jenee donates the money from her bows to get kids diabetic dogs, members of Smoed are raising money for the baby with a brain tumor, members of Cheetahs work extensively not only with Superkatz but also the special needs groups in their high schools, Spirit collects 100's of toys for the Scottish Rite hospital, many gyms do community service projects all over the country.

I absolutely love Hailey from Stingrays Orange because of this. Not only is she an incredible athlete but she does lots (just going of what I see on twitter & Instagram) of work for House of Hope in Haiti and she seems so passionate about it! She rocks, you go girl.

Sweet baby Jesus. Yall really got yourselves in a twist about this, didn't you? I take 100% responsibility for my post and wouldn't change a word of it.

Allow me to clarify, because evidently the ruckus bus is driving full speed ahead:

Spoiled Suzy - yes I called her that - is a girl on a team. Suzy doesn't necessarily account for the entire team, but then again, maybe she does. Take it however. If you feel personally attacked by my use of "Spoiled Suzy," maybe internal reflection is warranted.

It's really irritating when entire portions of my posts are negated. I think it's fantastic to raise money for these charities. Said that in my original post. Wonder if any athletes will go to the places and meet the people for whom they raised money?

I definitely did not bash every kid, on all teams, in any way, shape or form. What I said in the final paragraph - please refer back if needed - was that what I would like to see is owners, not athletes by themselves, selflessly, alone, whatever, but owners take a team to do a free camp. Coaches and owners are mentors, teachers and role models. Like it or not, these kids do what they say, and they could actually learn something about real life and struggles, and less about the ring campaign.
Maybe then us as the parents could ask Varsity, Nfinity or Jam Brands organize something for these kids!! They go out on their own time in the summer and teach camps to under privileged, inner city or just smaller gyms in general. Kind of like a Habitat for Humanity where you can go out a help build the houses. I know many of us, whose children where lucky enough for the Champions League experience would LOVE to see our children give back 100% for that type of program. These are all good hearted kind children!! The "Spoiled Susies" may exist but are few and far between!! The children would donate the time, and the parents of the children would take on the burden of the hotels and travel, or the sponsoring company!! Hey if we can make it happen sign my daughter up!!!! @ASCheerMan

Last edited:
Back