All-Star Champion's League Autographed Back Packs By Nfinity~

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Maybe then us as the parents could ask Varsity, Nfinity or Jam Brands organize something for these kids!! They go out on their own time in the summer and teach camps to under privileged, inner city or just smaller gyms in general. Kind of like a Habitat for Humanity where you can go out a help build the houses. I know many of us, whose children where lucky enough for the Champions League experience would LOVE to see our children give back 100% for that type of program. These are all good hearted kind children!! The "Spoiled Susies" may exist but are few and far between!! The children would donate the time, and the parents of the children would take on the burden of the hotels and travel, or the sponsoring company!! Hey if we can make it happen sign my daughter up!!!!
If you are near a military base, every one I have ever been stationed at has a rec cheer program. Contact the youth sports program and see how you can help - I coach at an army base in northern Virginia and would love it if an all star team would send a few kids over for a camp for a couple of days. I do my best to learn as much as possible as a coach, get certified and train these kids properly, but I am always willing to learn new things or learn old things from a new perspective and my kids would get so much out of learning - in person - from kids they really admire.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

If you are near a military base, every one I have ever been stationed at has a rec cheer program. Contact the youth sports program and see how you can help - I coach at an army base in northern Virginia and would love it if an all star team would send a few kids over for a camp for a couple of days. I do my best to learn as much as possible as a coach, get certified and train these kids properly, but I am always willing to learn new things or learn old things from a new perspective and my kids would get so much out of learning - in person - from kids they really admire.

I can ask if my daughters gym and a few of the kids would be interested!!! I think it would be a great experience for all involved!!!!

Ebay has automatic bidding so the bidder would not have to be online during the bidding process until it hits the maximum amount they've pre-approved. At that time, Ebay would contact the bidder that they have been outbid.

I am completely aware of how Ebay and it's proxy bidding system works. I was a pro-seller of custom children's clothing on Ebay for quite a few years. However, proxy bidding has little to do with my initial point, which was that CSP wasn't the bidder on the bag. My statement was not about her not being able to bid on the bag because we were in a meeting, my statement was more about her genuine shock and happiness that the price of the bag had gone up so high.

Oy vey. Who are we to judge the amount of "life lesson" packed into anything for a child who is not our own or insinuate that there even has to be one? Let's be happy the bags are raising money for charity and let the parents and coaches worry about whether or not their kids are spoiled and/or whether or not they're learning something.

He did not get labeled "that way." Suzy did.

Assumptions are just as damaging as generalizations.

And @blunchin - it would be extra amazing for these and all kids, parents, coaches, owners, and the world in general to do as much as humanly possible for each other. So of course, I would encourage everyone to "do more." Too often, we all get wrapped up in our own lives and don't put others' needs before our own. I certainly don't think encouraging teens to take positive action, as teens are developmentally quite selfish, is a negative thing.

Now excuse me while I make another sandwich.
He did not get labeled "that way." Suzy did.

Assumptions are just as damaging as generalizations.

And @blunchin - it would be extra amazing for these and all kids, parents, coaches, owners, and the world in general to do as much as humanly possible for each other. So of course, I would encourage everyone to "do more." Too often, we all get wrapped up in our own lives and don't put others' needs before our own. I certainly don't think encouraging teens to take positive action, as teens are developmentally quite selfish, is a negative thing.

Now excuse me while I make another sandwich.

Too often we get wrapped up posting on the boards and criticizing a good thing. And I'm sure you're practicing what you preach? I can tell from the constant posting that you clearly make time to help your fellow man. Glass houses y'all...

I think someone also said that certain charities might not allow them to give the checks in person. Places like women's shelters/homeless shelter's (depending on location) can be VERY protective places that might discourage large in-person situations. I had to get a background check to work with my homeless after-school program, and I needed an ID and a whole security process EVERY time I went in. Granted, I'm in the city so it's a touch different.
I said that about WC's charity. The actual shelter is very close to where I live and they don't allow that sort of thing.

I have no doubt that someone's intent with this was genuine.

And I'm one to totally put my money where my mouth is - well, I have no money, but still. This thread prompted me to look up charities within our cheer community. The Sparkle Effect looks like an amazing organization! As do some of the nonprofit gyms out there. Any chance of a Cheer Charity section on the board @King ?
I'm going to do some more looking and discussing and thinking...
@SarahS PM me - my kids would love to do this!!

I have no doubt that someone's intent with this was genuine.

And I'm one to totally put my money where my mouth is - well, I have no money, but still. This thread prompted me to look up charities within our cheer community. The Sparkle Effect looks like an amazing organization! As do some of the nonprofit gyms out there. Any chance of a Cheer Charity section on the board @King ?
I'm going to do some more looking and discussing and thinking...
@SarahS PM me - my kids would love to do this!!

YAAAAAAS. We're a couple of hours away from you but it would be great to get something set up once the craziness of Worlds is over for y'all.

@Mamarazzi The Sparkle Effect is pretty cool. Sarah Cronk took the special needs cheer idea and put it to the school systems. She's done a great job and I've referred several schools to her.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

BTW I think the criticism is a bit misplaced. I've voiced my frustration of groups/businesses practically demanding participation but I don't think this is the same.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

Does everything have to be a teaching moment? Does every move we make have to be about giving and being selfless? Are the ADULTS criticizing the KIDS giving to charity and volunteering?
Can we just be happy some good is being done especially since it's not hurting anyone?

I started a response earlier today but had to stop and walk away and count to 10 a few times.

Thankfully SheCheers beat me to it!

I cannot comprehend you adults criticizing these children for the particular way they are giving to charity.

Really??? There's no denying that these kids will bring in mega bucks with their signature. I'm sure the cheerlebrities were aware their status would help sell their bags for big dollars.

But have any of you seen a cheerleb saying "buy my bag it has my autograph!!! And maybe a few random other people too.."

Anyone stop to think it was probably a business minded adult who instigated this?

This whole conversation is ridiculous. I hope they raise enough money to help the cause of that CEA mom, and hope the rest of you can find some better perspective.

My child is a mini aged level 2 athlete in a gym with under 100 athletes. I am not defending people I know. I just think this behavior is obnoxious.

i think the point @Mamarazzi was trying to get across is that although its a very nice gesture and its great the money is being donated to charity, there was not any physical work going into the donation. its amazing that a charity is (hopefully!) getting 15 thousand dollars but you can't tell me it would have the same impact if they went out and earned 15k with hard work. (yes i know to the charity it doesn't make a difference). again, it was an amazing gesture, i think the point was just hoping that the athletes don't get the wrong idea and see that all you have to do is sign your name to accomplish something. i definitely don't think Mama's intent is to criticize these teenagers giving to charity.

Back