All-Star Champion's League Autographed Back Packs By Nfinity~

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

And cynical me believes most of the criticism wouldn't be there if one of the RHONJ was cutting the check for a WCSS backpack.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

Semi related, semi not. To the CEA members on the board, the fundraiser y'all did at your showcase for your international teams, how much did that bring in? Just by having a few kids charging to take pictures and get autographs. If this bidding thing is fake and y'all end up not getting the 14.6k, would there be any way for that fundraiser to be done, say at worlds?

So if you're not giving by doing physical work, then it's not acceptable giving?

I do "physical giving" as a volunteer officer of the court to help children who are abused or neglected and I give $0 per year.

Why is that? Because I pay for cheer and competitive swimming and don't have extra money so I have do give a different way. I am fully aware, however, that money makes the world go round (like it or not it costs $$$ to do clinical research trials, but supplies/pay overhead cost for a women's shelter, etc) and that it's not only my donation of my time and presence that is important and valid.

I coach the child of a family that singlehandedly funded the building of a school for the handicapped. I'm pretty sure they did not go and physically build the building though. Otherwise it would have taken years and years to fundraise that.

I don't understand trying to invalidate someone's way of giving. I'm grateful for anyone who does their part!

So if you're not giving by doing physical work, then it's not acceptable giving?

I do "physical giving" as a volunteer officer of the court to help children who are abused or neglected and I give $0 per year.

Why is that? Because I pay for cheer and competitive swimming and don't have extra money so I have do give a different way. I am fully aware, however, that money makes the world go round (like it or not it costs $$$ to do clinical research trials, but supplies/pay overhead cost for a women's shelter, etc) and that it's not only my donation of my time and presence that is important and valid.

I coach the child of a family that singlehandedly funded the building of a school for the handicapped. I'm pretty sure they did not go and physically build the building though. Otherwise it would have taken years and years to fundraise that.

I don't understand trying to invalidate someone's way of giving. I'm grateful for anyone who does their part!

Nobody invalidated the raising of funds. @Cheeranswers hit the nail on the head. Signing a bag probably doesn't have the same impact on the athletes that taking action would.

From twitter:

@billpresson: But he didn't work for it (sarcasm off).

“@SiriusXMNASCAR: Good for Smoke (@StewartHaasRcng)! His scooter snags $22K for @GwynnFoundation”

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

Nobody invalidated the raising of funds. @Cheeranswers hit the nail on the head. Signing a bag probably doesn't have the same impact on the athletes that taking action would.

But they may have other opportunities to give that way.

With all do respect, because know that I have much respect for you..

But it is my understanding that this cause is for raising money as tribute to a mom with an aggressive, rare cancer. How can you give physically to such a cause? Of course you can argue that they could have picked something different to fundraise for.. But isn't this a fairly recent diagnosis and it's the mother of a child in their gym? I'm sure it has hit close to home and they want to help these people. I can't be critical of that, regardless of my feelings on teenagers who are cheer famous.

With all do respect, because know that I have much respect for you..

But it is my understanding that this cause is for raising money as tribute to a mom with an aggressive, rare cancer. How can you give physically to such a cause? Of course you can argue that they could have picked something different to fundraise for.. But isn't this a fairly recent diagnosis and it's the mother of a child in their gym? I'm sure it has hit close to home and they want to help these people. I can't be critical of that, regardless of my feelings on teenagers who are cheer famous.
Since my mom died from this cancer 8yrs ago the 19th, and i volunteered my time for approx 3yrs I'll tell you how.

You cart your butt down to the local cancer center (they have one here in Greensboro and several in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill- since Duke is a fairly major player when it comes to medical research) and bring an enormous handful of new magazines on a weekly basis to where they have to sit for hours during chemo. They and the family members and friends who come with them really appreciate it. You walk around and ask them if there's anything you can do for them- water, food, assistance to the bathroom. Etc.
You go to the oncology ward and do the same thing for the "family room". You bring the nurses on the ward who work the graveyard shift 2 dozen Krispy Kreme's- yeah they're not healthy but I promise you they'll be gone faster than you can say leiomyosarcoma. You make a food run for the nurses. You talk to random patients walking around or in the family room bc they have no one with them or no visitors. Or rather you listen to them talk. You do all the same things, but for the morning crew or the afternoon crew. You bring clean toys, a wide range of books, upbeat paintings and/or decorations to the family room and/or chemo " station"/section. You smile as much as you can even when the sweet old lady in the next room dies bc those nurses really need it. You bring bouquets (if they're allowed to have them and nurses can tell you which ones can) of flowers to random patients, especially ones who don't seem to have any visitors. You visit those patients who don't seem to have many visitors. You make a thank you card from a big poster board for the nurses and have as many patients and family members sign it as you possibly can.

I can literally go on for several more paragraphs if anyone is truly interested. I have no "dog fight" so to speak- I'm just responding to this one post bc you never know until you ask and/or try. Never just assume.

Since my mom died from this cancer 8yrs ago the 19th, and i volunteered my time for approx 3yrs I'll tell you how.

You cart your butt down to the local cancer center (they have one here in Greensboro and several in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill- since Duke is a fairly major player when it comes to medical research) and bring an enormous handful of new magazines on a weekly basis to where they have to sit for hours during chemo. They and the family members and friends who come with them really appreciate it. You walk around and ask them if there's anything you can do for them- water, food, assistance to the bathroom. Etc.
You go to the oncology ward and do the same thing for the "family room". You bring the nurses on the ward who work the graveyard shift 2 dozen Krispy Kreme's- yeah they're not healthy but I promise you they'll be gone faster than you can say leiomyosarcoma. You make a food run for the nurses. You talk to random patients walking around or in the family room bc they have no one with them or no visitors. Or rather you listen to them talk. You do all the same things, but for the morning crew or the afternoon crew. You bring clean toys, a wide range of books, upbeat paintings and/or decorations to the family room and/or chemo " station"/section. You smile as much as you can even when the sweet old lady in the next room dies bc those nurses really need it. You bring bouquets (if they're allowed to have them and nurses can tell you which ones can) of flowers to random patients, especially ones who don't seem to have any visitors. You visit those patients who don't seem to have many visitors. You make a thank you card from a big poster board for the nurses and have as many patients and family members sign it as you possibly can.

I can literally go on for several more paragraphs if anyone is truly interested. I have no "dog fight" so to speak- I'm just responding to this one post bc you never know until you ask and/or try. Never just assume.[/QUOT

Thank you for the information......as someone who has been where this sweet family is now, I appreciate your insight. I'm hesitant to say we'll implement some of these at my house because I don't want to be accused of bragging but @xtremeteal4life knows me well and I don't have to impress her! She knows my heart! Thank you girl!!

Semi related, semi not. To the CEA members on the board, the fundraiser y'all did at your showcase for your international teams, how much did that bring in? Just by having a few kids charging to take pictures and get autographs. If this bidding thing is fake and y'all end up not getting the 14.6k, would there be any way for that fundraiser to be done, say at worlds?
I'm on IAGX and I'm pretty sure the photoshoot with the "cheerlebs" and Abbie Lee paid for most of the team's flight to worlds, we also did a raffle ticket fundraiser that contributed to the cost so I'm not 100% sure on the actual numbers.

I can literally go on for several more paragraphs if anyone is truly interested. I have no "dog fight" so to speak- I'm just responding to this one post bc you never know until you ask and/or try. Never just assume
Can we be friends? I need more positive, life affirming people in my life...and you seem wonderful.

no. not at all. i don't think anyone even implied that. mama and i specifically said that it is wonderful and amazing that they donated! just that its not always that easy. if my team wanted to raise 15k we would have to absolutely work our butts off. thats the point I'm trying to get across. again, its amazing and if they can do that, all the power to them. just don't want them to think thats a typical thing.

but as a side note, i really do respect and admire that you donate your time. time can be just as important and helpful than money! i think its amazing that you don't just say "oh i can't afford it" and that you actually go out there and help. i truly do think thats very admirable.

They did earn it with hard work. It was just in the gym when no one was watching.

i was referring specifically to the money donated from the backpacks. I've heard that the winners donated their winnings to charities and i think that is very admirable!

Back