All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Quite honestly. I LOVED the prom aspect of this event, due to the fact that many kids cant go to prom because of worlds. As for the competition itself. I loved how organized people/staff looked. I was lost about scoring since the day they announced Champs League, nobody ever FULLY explained anything. It was all more of a "hype". I felt like it was all going well until it came to awards and everyone was hit with some interesting events. Smoed yes deserved it, Stars deserved their win as well but should have gotten grand. They were the highest scoring team of the night. If this happens next season and IF gyms even want to return, they should really focus on what/how scoring goes and what they are looking for.

Even to this minute tons of people are still confused on how it was scored. Maybe i was miscommunication or didn't look into it deep enough. If so i apologize for not paying attention i guess.

Side note: With new Worlds rules, im excited to see how clean and professional everyone is going to look. People may argue, but its going to be very clean and organized and flow properly

I absolutely think best practice wear and best emotion are crazy, but they did announce that these awards would be given out months ago.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

ok so I looked up the scoring breakdown on the champions league website and I now get why WCSS didn't win grand champs. Level 5 score is out of 1008 points and WCSS scored a 990.00 making that a perfection percentage of 98.2. Now the scores that Cheer Updates posted for Coed look like percentages as well so TGLC scored a 98.5 and Smoed scored a 98.4. So one mystery solved. Where I am still not getting it is with the all girl scores. (sorry for the size of the pic) F5 hit a perfect routine and they scored lower than panthers and orange. Lady Bullets hit a perfect routine and yet they scored lower than panthers, orange and SE. I am so confused. I wish they would better explain this.
Bkg5zk7IUAAQYpx.jpg

ok so I looked up the scoring breakdown on the champions league website and I now get why WCSS didn't win grand champs. Level 5 score is out of 1008 points and WCSS scored a 990.00 making that a perfection percentage of 98.2. Now the scores that Cheer Updates posted for Coed look like percentages as well so TGLC scored a 98.5 and Smoed scored a 98.4. So one mystery solved. Where I am still not getting it is with the all girl scores. (sorry for the size of the pic) F5 hit a perfect routine and they scored lower than panthers and orange. Lady Bullets hit a perfect routine and yet they scored lower than panthers, orange and SE. I am so confused. I wish they would better explain this.
Bkg5zk7IUAAQYpx.jpg
I'm still confused about SE & LB's scores.

Well I'm confused about the schedule...who goes on today? Was it like level 1 and worlds teams yesterday and all other levels today or something? Sorry if it's a dumb question, I didn't really do any research and just happened to see the updates and then look at the schedule. As I feared the event didn't quite live up to the hype (which I'm a little sad about bc it seemed like a cool concept). Maybe more clarity next year would help from what I'm hearing/reading.

Today is day 2 of the actual 2 day competition... There are lots of lower level teams competing. This afternoon there will be a junior 5 comp. They will compete 1 time only. I believe there are 8 teams competing.

I didn't get the whole prom thing, especially if people want cheerleading to be considered a sport? How many sports have proms? This makes cheerleading look more like a dance or show type of exhibition and nothing serious. Just my opinion of course, I'm sure it was fun, but I say lets get back to some serious cheerleading!

I didn't get the whole prom thing, especially if people want cheerleading to be considered a sport? How many sports have proms? This makes cheerleading look more like a dance or show type of exhibition and nothing serious. Just my opinion of course, I'm sure it was fun, but I say lets get back to some serious cheerleading!
Most of them usually miss prom because of worlds, end of April/ beginning of May is when most have prom at school

It's only the first year though, and we don't know whether they weren't invited or chose not to go. Im interested to see who is bumped out and who comes in next season though! Who do you think is more successful than these teams and should be in it? I think that for picking 30 teams out of a ton of amazing ones and it being the first year, they did a pretty decent job.

There were a few invited teams that, prior to this season, haven't won a major competition or placed in the top three at a major competition in years. With that, there were some teams without an invite who are or who have been just as successful as some of the teams who did get invited. I don't need to name names; we all have opinions of who we think should/shouldn't have been invited based on the criteria of what this event is supposed to represent. I do love the fact that there are some very lucky charities out there who will benefit from all of this, but I still hate the idea of these "exclusive" events. In theory they sound amazing and I'm sure the producers have the right intent (I hope), but they seem to contradict the message of banning shady politics, popularity contests, and cheerlebrity culture from our industry.

While social media isn't always the best source of honest feedback, I spent the course of two days flipping through a Twitter feed filled with red carpet pictures and movie theater talk, followed by a tirade of negativity from athletes and adults who were confused with outcome, unhappy with the political nature of the results, and overtired from the weekend's over-excessive events. Some of these complaints were even coming from athletes who won. Mind you, I am paraphrasing what I've read. These are not my own thoughts or words as I was not there.

I guess we shall wait anxiously to see who makes it in 2015!

I think "most" is a stretch. "Most" of them aren't even old enough to have a prom to miss yet. And yes, some proms are at the end of April. But I wouldn't say most - if I had to guess I'd say less than 5% of people at worlds are missing their prom to be there.

Obviously, I'm on the "this prom thing is ridiculous" side of the fence. And the whole red carpet thing was absurd. To every gym or parent that I saw posting red carpet videos on Facebook: please don't EVER come on here again and say you're against the whole cheerlebrity thing.

I know CEA has put on their own prom before because several of their kids will miss theirs due to competing. Worlds is prime prom time as a high school administrator so it is possible that a portion of kids won't get to go.

I always thought that was really sweet. Kids give up so much to compete at this level and I thought it was great that the people they gave it up for gave some back. I think this was much the same token only on a larger scale.

I may be biased but being invited and experiencing the red carpet, I thought it was a lot of fun for the kids. And I believe before we should be trying to legitimize our crazy universe to the outside world, I think it's supposed to be about first and foremost fun for the kids. We know it's a sport and the world will come around sooner or later. The Olympics have an opening ceremony and the League had a prom...different demographic for the most part so I think it worked. I understand the League and the Olympics are not related; just thought I would use that as an example.

I don't think the red carpet was necessarily supporting "cheerlebrities" because it involved entire teams. I saw many kids that I didn't recognize as "big names" who were getting interviewed and I thought it was nice to see. All of the teams are great and I don't think it hurt anyone to let them feel a little special.

Overall, CL was a tad of a mess. As the others have said if it would have been ran a little better, my opinion on it would be different. Personally, the morning session was a bit of a technical mess: lights went off during TG routine, music messed up around three times. Again, not having my phone for the morning session was a little crazy. People couldn't find their children or loved ones because everyone was wondering around.

The evening session I think was a good idea, just done not well. A LOT of timing/running late issue happened and they wouldn't tell us what was going on. Example: We were suppose to be let in at 6, we weren't allowed in until 6:55. The show was suppose to start at seven. I don't think Cali Black Ops competed until 7:45 or so. Also they started taking 5 minutes in between some team and others were more around 10 minutes give or take. For most of the night we were almost a 45-an hour behind.

Having a seat was actually nice. I feel a little bias because we were in the diamond section in the center of the stage. I have no idea what the people in the back saw or if they had a good view. But mine was great. Met a lot of super nice people from other gyms! The Green Bay Lime parents behind me were amazing. Cheering so loudly for every team!

I personally think the reason why a lot of the teams didn't hit hard is purely because they were sitting out of warmup for 30+ minutes. The people around me were worried for the athletes condition doing those tumbling skills cold and getting hurt. It was a long day. Our first team was in the early early session around 10 or so. Competing twelve hours later is just crazy. We were all exhausted and ready to get the comp going and they just kept having breaks.

Overall, I think this could have been an okay/good idea, just needs to be handled better or more information given out. I felt so lost the entire competition.

Back