All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Quite honestly. I LOVED the prom aspect of this event, due to the fact that many kids cant go to prom because of worlds. As for the competition itself. I loved how organized people/staff looked. I was lost about scoring since the day they announced Champs League, nobody ever FULLY explained anything. It was all more of a "hype". I felt like it was all going well until it came to awards and everyone was hit with some interesting events. Smoed yes deserved it, Stars deserved their win as well but should have gotten grand. They were the highest scoring team of the night. If this happens next season and IF gyms even want to return, they should really focus on what/how scoring goes and what they are looking for.

Even to this minute tons of people are still confused on how it was scored. Maybe i was miscommunication or didn't look into it deep enough. If so i apologize for not paying attention i guess.

Side note: With new Worlds rules, im excited to see how clean and professional everyone is going to look. People may argue, but its going to be very clean and organized and flow properly

The "new" rules are exactly the same as they were last year. Teams still celebrated, but it wasn't as crazy as usual. Many teams got off the mat as quickly as possible in order to celebrate off stage.

I may be biased but being invited and experiencing the red carpet, I thought it was a lot of fun for the kids. And I believe before we should be trying to legitimize our crazy universe to the outside world, I think it's supposed to be about first and foremost fun for the kids. We know it's a sport and the world will come around sooner or later. The Olympics have an opening ceremony and the League had a prom...different demographic for the most part so I think it worked. I understand the League and the Olympics are not related; just thought I would use that as an example.

I don't think the red carpet was necessarily supporting "cheerlebrities" because it involved entire teams. I saw many kids that I didn't recognize as "big names" who were getting interviewed and I thought it was nice to see. All of the teams are great and I don't think it hurt anyone to let them feel a little special.

Perhaps they should hire you for marketing in the future, because calling it an "opening ceremony" sounds light years better than "we're having a prom for them because they might miss theirs!"

I think it's the word prom that's killing me.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I think "most" is a stretch. "Most" of them aren't even old enough to have a prom to miss yet. And yes, some proms are at the end of April. But I wouldn't say most - if I had to guess I'd say less than 5% of people at worlds are missing their prom to be there.

Obviously, I'm on the "this prom thing is ridiculous" side of the fence. And the whole red carpet thing was absurd. To every gym or parent that I saw posting red carpet videos on Facebook: please don't EVER come on here again and say you're against the whole cheerlebrity thing.

I suppose the timing of prom is different based upon your regional location. For us, here in the south, from the beginning of April until the end of April is peak prom season. Many girls on my daughter's team have made the decision to miss their proms as a gesture of dedication to the team. On some other teams, girls have decided to miss competitions and attend their proms. I suppose it is the individual's choice; however, based upon our local area, I would say that the number of children who miss their proms due to cheerleading competitions is definitely higher than 5%. So, for the Champions League to make an effort to offer a special evening for the kids was a nice idea and the fact that the kids who attended had an amazing time makes it even better.

I think the whole cheerlebrity thing is an entirely different issue from the "prom" thing.

Sure, having a prom is fine and all, just saying it takes away from this competition being taken seriously and cheer as a whole as a sport especially to outsiders. Opening ceremony's for the Olympics and opening prom complete with court for who are the top of the cheerworld is no comparison. That and an award for practicewear has dancemoms written all over it.

Sure, having a prom is fine and all, just saying it takes away from this competition being taken seriously and cheer as a whole as a sport especially to outsiders. Opening ceremony's for the Olympics and opening prom complete with court for who are the top of the cheerworld is no comparison. That and an award for practicewear has dancemoms written all over it.

Did someone's kids not get invited? :chillpill:

I don't think everything we do as a profession should be to "further the profession". Some things are just FUN. And by all the accounts of our girls who went, they had a blast. We don't let them be kids enough, and this seems much better than the reported debauchery during worlds. I like it, and I appreciate Tate for trying to shake things up. Most people's confusion is more about THEIR misunderstanding than anything negative about how the comp was run. Most confusion came from someone dividing up the scores by division... (Which I am not sure was Nfinity, anyways)

Did someone's kids not get invited? :chillpill:
2n1ibmp.jpg

The whole cameras, red carpet, formal dinner, exclusive invitation etc. these are all things done already very successfully at the Majors in Indianapolis. This is a very similar type cheer event and is marketed at such.

Think about it, this a experience of a lifetime for these kids. Many of them have sacrificed winter formals, homecoming and even Proms over the years to be at cheer competitions. I wouldn't get hung up on the word "prom" bottom line its a formal dinner, kids get dressed up and meet all the top cheerleaders in the country and take pictures. Doesn't sound like a joke to me.

I am sure the very large majority of those involved loved every minute of it.

Overall, CL was a tad of a mess. As the others have said if it would have been ran a little better, my opinion on it would be different. Personally, the morning session was a bit of a technical mess: lights went off during TG routine, music messed up around three times. Again, not having my phone for the morning session was a little crazy. People couldn't find their children or loved ones because everyone was wondering around.

The evening session I think was a good idea, just done not well. A LOT of timing/running late issue happened and they wouldn't tell us what was going on. Example: We were suppose to be let in at 6, we weren't allowed in until 6:55. The show was suppose to start at seven. I don't think Cali Black Ops competed until 7:45 or so. Also they started taking 5 minutes in between some team and others were more around 10 minutes give or take. For most of the night we were almost a 45-an hour behind.

Having a seat was actually nice. I feel a little bias because we were in the diamond section in the center of the stage. I have no idea what the people in the back saw or if they had a good view. But mine was great. Met a lot of super nice people from other gyms! The Green Bay Lime parents behind me were amazing. Cheering so loudly for every team!

I personally think the reason why a lot of the teams didn't hit hard is purely because they were sitting out of warmup for 30+ minutes. The people around me were worried for the athletes condition doing those tumbling skills cold and getting hurt. It was a long day. Our first team was in the early early session around 10 or so. Competing twelve hours later is just crazy. We were all exhausted and ready to get the comp going and they just kept having breaks.

Overall, I think this could have been an okay/good idea, just needs to be handled better or more information given out. I felt so lost the entire competition.
My thoughts exactly! We were behind the lime parents sitting in front of the WC lites in the diamond section right next to the on deck thing. They were a fun group! And our seats were worth the money!

As far as i'm aware there wasn't nearly as much negativity surrounding The Majors and their prom/dinner/formal. Like someone has said already i think the negativity is coming from the fact that people are confused about the whole event not just the fact that they hate the idea of a prom.

Also, i highly doubt the public are going to sit there and say, that cheerleading competition had a prom therefore it isn't a sport or it shouldn't be taken seriously. There are a lot of reasons why cheer is a joke to the outside cheer world, having a prom in my opinion isn't one of the reasons.

I didn't get the whole prom thing, especially if people want cheerleading to be considered a sport? How many sports have proms? This makes cheerleading look more like a dance or show type of exhibition and nothing serious. Just my opinion of course, I'm sure it was fun, but I say lets get back to some serious cheerleading!
After reading your post it seems like we may be getting hung up on words...If it makes you feel better in the future, lets open the festivities with an Athletes' Ball after the Opening Ceremony, which all the teams come out like gladiators in alpha order under their team's flag/banner..:p. Now that will be a great start for the Champion League next year... Hey, maybe somebody can come up with a theme song to go along with the athletes marching into the arena.... Champion League should also have a closing ceremony too... Just saying!;)

I think "most" is a stretch. "Most" of them aren't even old enough to have a prom to miss yet. And yes, some proms are at the end of April. But I wouldn't say most - if I had to guess I'd say less than 5% of people at worlds are missing their prom to be there.

Obviously, I'm on the "this prom thing is ridiculous" side of the fence. And the whole red carpet thing was absurd. To every gym or parent that I saw posting red carpet videos on Facebook: please don't EVER come on here again and say you're against the whole cheerlebrity thing.

THIS THIS THIS.

You can't say you're against the concept of cheerlebrities when you put them on a red carpet and in movies.

Judging by all the tweets, the kids had a great time at the CL, win or lose. The red carpet, the prom…all lots of fun and the kids really enjoyed the entire event. And I know we all want are kids to be happy! But as a parent I'm not sold on another comp that was more of a showcase of the rockstar teams of all-star cheer rather than a legit competition. How many of these types of "comps" do we really need? We already had Majors and now CL and even though it fell apart, The Revolution was potentially another one. And I know the Allstar games are coming up even though I know it is a different concept than the others comps. Only speaking for myself, this sport is already so expensive that I can't imagine adding one or two of the these types of events, plus regular comps plus Worlds, just for the "fun" experience. But I also don't think the CL did anything to help legitimize our sport, maybe that was never the plan anyway, by giving out frivolous awards and reinforcing the cheerlebrity factor that follows a lot of these teams already. To me it just puts more distance between a lot of other great teams that don't get invited to these types of events.

Back