All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

YES I agree to all of this. Gyms can't say hey you must respect our teams privacy, etc when they willingly put themselves out there in agreeing to doing a movie.
Do I personally think the fans should be respectful of teams and athletes at competitions. Yes. But when you start to do things such as red carpets, and movie events. I can't have a ton of sympathy if the problem becomes worse. Just like when athletes willingly sponsor products, etc. but then are all upset when people want to be all over them. :rolleyes:

This.
We were a comp earlier this season where a certain cheerlebrity was hanging out with some other members of their team when some of our 8-9 yr old girls spotted them, and of course ran over trying to get pictures, etc. One of the other athletes in the cheerleb's group shooed them away and told them to give them their privacy and weren't very nice about it leaving the girls heartbroken. Same comp where this certain cheerleb was all smiles and rainbows while signing autographs, selling bows, posing for pictures if you bought something, etc…I agree fans should be respectful but if you going to put yourself out there as a cheerlebrity some things just come with the territory.

Prom: Some people MUST find something to complain about. It was fun for the kids. That's all. My cp is one of those girls who will be missing her prom for Worlds. It would have meant the world to her to dress up for a night and have that experience with her friends.

Those of you who went to your prom know that it's part of saying goodbye. It's part of the process
This is it for her. No more CEA. no more HS.

By the way: The cameras, and the lights mean nothing to kids like her. These so called "cheerlebrities" are just kids she cheered with on youth, juniors and seniors. Many, many years of memories. Many years of fun. Little sally walker, piggy back rides, etc. No different than any other kids in the gym. They joke, and make fun of each other, like ordinary people. Remember, they ARE people.

If the event is new and disorganized, complain about that. You didn't understand the scoring, cool!; I feel you. But, a prom that might make even one kid feel better about missing her own; let it go.

I'd love to support and go see the movie even after reading the spoilers, and even knowing who won. But honestly at this point, I really just hope i can find a bootleg at the gas station near a local cheer gym!! And maybe a copy of Spiderman while i'm shopping.

I The cell phone rule really bugged me during the lower level/practice comp. I felt as if it was WAY too much especially for a cheer competition. This is a teen sport and a lot of parents were angry that they couldn't bring there phones in. Especially a lot of the ones who only had a child competing in the lower level part.

My elder daughter was an actor as a child. Cell phones are not allowed on movie sets. If you have an accidental ring or buzz, you ruin the sound. Also, its not as if the director can yell; "CUT" and get a do over if a phone goes off at a filming like this.

This concept is so wildly new and innovative! There is so much to learn and change. I say give it a chance. Even if it is because the monies go to charity. Go on their site, and make well thought out, constructive, but out of the box, suggestions. Like one of my CP's friends suggested putting it on Netflix! If they could strike the deal, that would be huge!

Personally, I don't want this to turn into another run-of-the-mill competition. It is opening Allstar cheer to a wider audience. The theater where we are going to see it is sold out!

Last edited:
I don't blame the athletes for the whole red carpet thing, that was more the event organizers who came up with that idea. It's 50/50 with me I think the athletes deserve the privacy to be normal, but when their program is agreeing to put their athletes out there, it's kinda like ugh... What did you expect to happen. Idk.
can we start making a worlds predictions thread now........ :p

I don't know why a non cheer person (is that what we're calling them?lol) would pay money to see this movie. It's airing one night and isn't even playing in a lot of places so most people would have to spend extra money just to travel to the theater! I'm curious as to if the we're trying to make money off of the movie? Because they won't make much if that was the goal...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

for those that think that nationally recognized sports don't have their own awards and red carpet thing...
ESPY Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the nfl and nba also have players galas to raise money for charities as well.

i think people might be taking this "competition" too seriously. why not make this one more about charity and having fun? there already are plenty of well established serious comps to nit-pick over.

for those that think that nationally recognized sports don't have their own awards and red carpet thing...
ESPY Award - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
the nfl and nba also have players galas to raise money for charities as well.

i think people might be taking this "competition" too seriously. why not make this one more about charity and having fun? there already are plenty of well established serious comps to nit-pick over.
This. I love the whole idea of this competition! yes, there were many issues but it's the first year. NCA or Worlds probably didn't run 100% perfectly its first year (still doesnt lol). It looked really fun for the athletes!

i was reading through this thread and some of yall are lucky its sunday.... the day or the LORDTTTTTT and im going to be nice on this holy sunday of mine and keep my mouth shut because some of yall deff. have a sense of immaturity and care too damn much about things when at the end of the day as long as the kids had a good experience thats all that matter.....

helleluyeeerrrr

madea_hallelujer.gif

I don't know why a non cheer person (is that what we're calling them?lol) would pay money to see this movie. It's airing one night and isn't even playing in a lot of places so most people would have to spend extra money just to travel to the theater! I'm curious as to if the we're trying to make money off of the movie? Because they won't make much if that was the goal...

Getting a film distribution deal isn't the easiest thing in the world to do. Kudos to the organizers for getting it shown in selected theatres. If it is successful this time, perhaps it will be subject to wider distribution on its next release. Allstar cheer is an unknown entity. To get a chain of theatres to agree to give up screens to show a movie about it...even for one day.. is a feat.
Baby steps, baby steps. Today, my CP tweeted a picture of A. Rice's kick double and her non-cheer friends were amazed asking were they could see that live. Again, Baby steps!

I think because this was being filmed for a movie, which is something that has never happened before, it changed the dynamic of the competition.

It honestly did not feel like a competition in any way - it felt like an athletes prom and then teams being filmed for the movie. I genuinely forgot that there would be actual winners.

Top Gun won for most family like gym
Don't mean to quote you directly, just a general comment-What is up with these crazy awards? Way to promote cheer as legitimate sport :banghead:

Last edited:
Fierceboard is for opinions. I feel when you are stating your opinion regarding the CL you should state whether you were there or not... Its hard to consider some of this feedback from those who were not there.
my 2 cents
prom wasnt really a prom... it was a opening reception for a large number of athletes... that were dressed up. They all walked the red carpet regardless of their cheerlebrity status and the only people that were being paparazzi were their own parents.

The Comp was different.. a different format than what we are used to but it went well for a first time event.
It did run to late and the awards lacked that excitement factor. It was great to see such amazing teams all in one evening.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Back