All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Rays did not attend prom because we utilized the competition as a way to squeeze in a few Worlds practices in between GA spring break weeks. Usually we go for 2 solid weeks (right before Worlds) without a full team because on week 1 half the team is gone, and on week 2 the other half goes. Our gym did not participate in changing our music for the event either, knowing that would probably leave us out of the movie completely. The focus for our teams was hitting the mat in front of a crowd, not on prom and the movie. While I'm sure this was kind of a bummer for some of our kids, they have their eyes focused on the prize at the end of April instead. :)

Rays did not attend prom because we utilized the competition as a way to squeeze in a few Worlds practices in between GA spring break weeks. Usually we go for 2 solid weeks (right before Worlds) without a full team because on week 1 half the team is gone, and on week 2 the other half goes. Our gym did not participate in changing our music for the event either, knowing that would probably leave us out of the movie completely. The focus for our teams was hitting the mat in front of a crowd, not on prom and the movie. While I'm sure this was kind of a bummer for some of our kids, they have their eyes focused on the prize at the end of April instead. :)

So, the kids/teams/programs who went to the prom or who's team might make the movie don't have their eye's on the prize? What about the program's who aren't missing kids at practice the 2 weeks of spring break because their programs don't take them?

I'm shocked you would imply that the teams that participated aren't focused on World's like y'all are.

So, the kids/teams/programs who went to the prom or who's team might make the movie don't have their eye's on the prize? What about the program's who aren't missing kids at practice the 2 weeks of spring break because their programs don't take them?

I'm shocked you would imply that the teams that participated aren't focused on World's like y'all are.

with the "the focus for our teams" disclaimer I took it that she only spoke for Rays team and didn't imply about any other teams/

Edited to tag @Level5Mom .........This one!

Last edited by a moderator:
with the "the focus for our teams" disclaimer I took it that she only spoke for Rays team and didn't imply about any other teams/gyms

You're probably right!! Because it blew my mind to read that kids miss during spring break because that would never happen with us....lol.......and yet even though they do things differently than us, doesn't mean they don't have their focus on the prize anymore than participating this weekend did.

with the "the focus for our teams" disclaimer I took it that she only spoke for Rays team and didn't imply about any other teams/gyms
I hope so, because I read it the same way as mstealtoyou did, but I will admit to being overly defensive with some of the comments directly or indirectly made. I'm hopeful I misinterpreted the context!

I hope so, because I read it the same way as mstealtoyou did, but I will admit to being overly defensive with some of the comments directly or indirectly made. I'm hopeful I misinterpreted the context!
@Level5Mom is one of the most genuine ladies I have ever met and would NEVER try and say anything negative against another team. We are best friends, our daughters are best friends, we stayed at their house while we were in ATL for this event. My daughters attended the prom event with their team. Her daughter and her team did not. There was no indication whatsoever by her that that meant Stingrays were more focused on the prize than Twist & Shout was. Both her team and our team came to this event for one purpose...to hit a routine. What she meant by what she said was that rays participated in the CL solely to force their teams to come together during spring break to practice. "Towards the ultimate prize". If they had participated in the prom they wouldn't have been able to practice.

Not sure why I felt the need to defend her as she can speak for herself but I'm a little sad that anyone would assume she meant ill towards other teams by what she said.

Last edited:
I took it as it was said, "our" teams and not dissing the others. But they also had an advantage, since the the competition was in their backyard. If you're traveling a far distance, why not go to the "prom"? The music? I understand why they had to change it but I'm wondering if that was a cost too that was passed down to the athletes in anyway or the gym paid for it themselves or maybe Nfinity paid....just wondering.

I have to admit though, I too see it as almost a distraction before Worlds for a one day competition that I'm not sure what the purpose was for. I'm glad to see money went to charities, but couldn't have the gym done a fundraiser, everyone asked to donate and just give the money to charity and call it a day? The amount spent to get to the competition for each athlete, parent, and coaches together per organization would have given more to the charities than the actual prize money in most cases.

Everything is already so expensive to just cheer All Star. To add more away competitions just results in less athletes being able to ever reach the dream of an "elite" in All Star, if that makes sense. "You want to move up and be on that level 5 team that does all this fabulous stuff in the movie? Oh, that'll be another $1000".

I hope this movie does good things for the sport, because the thought that "You too can be an "elite", but if only you have $8-10,000 lying around a year", is not too promising.

I guess that's for another thread, but I find it absolutely crazy how much money is spent for 2 minutes and 30 seconds on the mat.

No that is not at all what I was trying to imply, sorry for the misunderstanding. The implication was that I believe some of our kids were probably disappointed that they didn't get to participate in the extra stuff, but they were able to accept it easier by looking past it toward the next event (the prize). Hope that clears it up?

What she meant by what she said was that rays participated in the CL solely to force their teams to come together during spring break to practice. .

Yes exactly. But you know this because we talked about it all weekend. :D. We practiced Friday night and before that our last full practice was over a week before that. Of course I absolutely KNOW every other team has their eye on the prize like we do!! My apologies if I implied otherwise.

I wanted to make a really long post about CL, but in a nutshell CL has a great concept, but people like instant gratification when it comes to sports in my opinion, after a week people start to lose interest and end up focusing on the next big thing.
It's like pre recording the Super Bowl and making people wait a week or two to watch it... I doubt nearly as many people that would usually watch would be interested at that point.

No that is not at all what I was trying to imply, sorry for the misunderstanding. The implication was that I believe some of our kids were probably disappointed that they didn't get to participate in the extra stuff, but they were able to accept it easier by looking past it toward the next event (the prize). Hope that clears it up?

Emily corrected me.......

Back