All-Star Champions League Updates ( Movie Spoilers )

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

with the "the focus for our teams" disclaimer I took it that she only spoke for Rays team and didn't imply about any other teams/

Edited to tag @Level5Mom .........This one!
Emily corrected me.......

Ok I see Emily now....sorry, cheer hangover!!!! LOL. Yes I see that she corrected you Missy I just wanted to also respond and apologize since my original post obviously offended you. A personal explanation is always best when trying to clear the air.

E
I wasn't referring to you, nor was I referring to people talking about the competition itself. I was referring to the people replying to those of us talking about the prom thing by saying we weren't there to see the smiling children and feel the excitement, and we therefore have no right to express an opinion.

As for the movie... I could not care less about the movie. This was presented as a competition, with the movie being something extra. If this was only the filming of a movie, and not a real competition, that'd be different. But wasn't this supposed to be a competition that was new and different than anything we'd ever seen? Too bad they opted to keep everything so secret. It's difficult to be wowed by something when 2 days after it's over more than half of us still have no idea what it even was.

I like the idea of having a competition that is really the best of the best. If it had been something legit, with an actual, publicized way to qualify for it (a series of competitions narrowing the field down over the course of the season for instance - like every other sport in the world) people may have been more on board.

But pairing up with what is essentially a gossip twitter account to announce teams in an excruciatingly slow process, and never once saying how those teams were chosen (other than a casual mention of them having strong histories, which is hilarious considering at least a few of them have only been around for ONE season before this one) does not lend credibility to this event. It didn't seem groundbreaking at all - just another popularity contest with a bunch of gossipy adults relishing being "in the know" on some big juicy secret. I feel more like I'm watching a Lifetime movie about a secret society than a sporting event.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
EXACTLY!!!! It almost really could have started with Many teams, narrowed down to the Sweet Sixteen, Elite Eight, Final Four, then the Champion!!!!! I Like that idea!!!!!....:) That could have been way more exciting!!!!:fro:

Still just confused about results, scoring, and what the CL even is. I wasn't there, but that's just my opinion.

All I know is spirit of Texas was in first after round 1. Highest difficulty and then
Round 2 was based on execution and there were zero opportunities to make a deduction and the ended up 3rd! How do two clean routines lose to teams with so many mistakes .....

I pictured Stewie from Family Guy going, "Mom! Mom! Mom!" and then when she says "WHAT???" He says, "Hi" then giggles and runs away. LOL!

That was my husband's ring and text tone for his mother for the longest time!!!

giphy.gif

All I know is spirit of Texas was in first after round 1. Highest difficulty and then
Round 2 was based on execution and there were zero opportunities to make a deduction and the ended up 3rd! How do two clean routines lose to teams with so many mistakes .....

The part of the scoresheet with innovative choreography and performance factor which was not in the afternoon scoresheet? I am not knocking SOT at all as they were amazing and clean. I am just giving you insight as to how it could have happened after watching every single team compete Saturday night.

It's obvious that confusion has surrounded this competition. You hear it from athletes, coaches and audience members. That's not too surprising given it's infancy. But, to present a new concept, a competition like no other, and then provide such limited insight invites doubters, naysayers and emotionally charged discussion. The cheer industry is filled with people passionate about cheer. Without greater insight people aren't going to buy in to the concept and support the event. And despite the event ending, I feel further explanation needs provided to the cheer community before they can ever expect to gain the support necessary to make this event a success.

Having said that it seems from the outside (I was not in attendance) that they may be on to something. I welcome any effort expended with the intent of improving the cheer industry. It seems out of the box thinking may be necessary for cheer to continue to evolve and get the recognition it justly deserves. But growth isn't easy and it isn't fast.

That's why I feel this forum on the topic provides a wealth of information to the parties producing the event. I hope that they recognize this fact and take advantage of it. Despite differences of opinion and the occasional heated exchange I'm glad this forum is here to educate and facilitate the brainstorming necessary to bring about positive change.

It's obvious that confusion has surrounded this competition. You hear it from athletes, coaches and audience members. That's not too surprising given it's infancy. But, to present a new concept, a competition like no other, and then provide such limited insight invites doubters, naysayers and emotionally charged discussion. The cheer industry is filled with people passionate about cheer. Without greater insight people aren't going to buy in to the concept and support the event. And despite the event ending, I feel further explanation needs provided to the cheer community before they can ever expect to gain the support necessary to make this event a success.

Having said that it seems from the outside (I was not in attendance) that they may be on to something. I welcome any effort expended with the intent of improving the cheer industry. It seems out of the box thinking may be necessary for cheer to continue to evolve and get the recognition it justly deserves. But growth isn't easy and it isn't fast.

That's why I feel this forum on the topic provides a wealth of information to the parties producing the event. I hope that they recognize this fact and take advantage of it. Despite differences of opinion and the occasional heated exchange I'm glad this forum is here to educate and facilitate the brainstorming necessary to bring about positive change.

Agree completely. And the good news is the parties involved with the CL Event will know how to weed through this thread and take away the common concerns/confusion.

I for one have never been to a competition where the highest difficulty combined with the cleanest performance, best technique and high showmanship did not win.....until now.....when cameras are involved it makes you question the legitimacy of the comp period. I hope many will save their money next year and chose to attend a legitimate comp where expensive seats are worth what you pay to watch a real, not pre-arranged outcome.

I for one have never been to a competition where the highest difficulty combined with the cleanest performance, best technique and high showmanship did not win.....until now.....

I've been to lots of competitions where non-judges thought the results were wrong. In fact, it happens at nearly every competition. Sometimes the judges have a different view of who has the highest difficulty, cleanest performance, best technique and high showmanship than someone sitting in the crowd. Someone not agreeing with results is pretty common in our sport. Heck, I disagree with results all of the time. However, that doesn't automatically mean I believe the competition was rigged.

Just for the record- I'm not disagreeing with the results, because I forgot this competition was happening so I didn't come on here to check and I haven't seen any performances and won't ever because I can't go to the movie because I have to work to pay my student loans because I'm post-college broke.

I also can't agree with the results, because I wasn't there and don't have video and any video I will get will probably be highly edited because it's a movie and I've never even seen this score sheet so even if I DID have the proper video/in person-ness to know what the foop was going on I still wouldn't have been able to tell you what was what.

For a forum that thrives on dissection and speculation of everything, you can see how this might be potentially problematic for numerous personnes. And yes, that was French. Ish.

Back