Cheer After High School?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 8, 2016
What is the likely hood of making an open team? Open teams are usually for people who want to cheer over the age of 18.I graduated high school in May but I have no desire to cheer for my college team and I'm not even sure if I would make the team. I want to possibly try out for an open team but how different is it from regular all-star teams? Are only advanced or elite levels competed?

Open teams generally run from levels 4-6 in the US. It depends for each team as to the skill level you need to make a team. Some clubs will have great Worlds level teams and you need skills and tumbling to make those teams. Other clubs use open teams as a more fun/recreational activity for older athletes who want to stay involved. You will need to check into gyms in your area and see what they offer. You won't know until you try

Open teams generally run from levels 4-6 in the US. It depends for each team as to the skill level you need to make a team. Some clubs will have great Worlds level teams and you need skills and tumbling to make those teams. Other clubs use open teams as a more fun/recreational activity for older athletes who want to stay involved. You will need to check into gyms in your area and see what they offer. You won't know until you try
Yes I am looking more for the fun recreational type open team not so much as a worlds team. I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as a open team that was just more for fun than elite level training. I just want to train and keep my skills.

Yes I am looking more for the fun recreational type open team not so much as a worlds team. I wasn't sure if there was such a thing as a open team that was just more for fun than elite level training. I just want to train and keep my skills.
Open 4 is the best division for that. No Worlds. This is my second year on an Open 4 team and I love it. The gym I'm at now treats it pretty seriously just like every other team in the gym, but many dont.

Back