All-Star Cheer Athletics 2014

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

and it would probably have something to do with athletes complaining about what team they made... at least that would be my guess.. in my opinion, hey you just made a level 5 competitive team, why are you complaining??!!!? then again im sure a lot of the older girls trying out are trying to make placement on cheetahs, wildcats or panthers and sometimes coaches have to re arrange and put them on a different level 5 team.

Ohhhh yes!!! I screenshoted it to show my CP as a reminder if ever needed!!
My son plays football and one of the coach's that he trains with preaches constantly that colleges look at your Twitter, FB, and Instagram and anything else they can to see what kind of person you are so clean it up! Clean it up! Clean it up! Kids think they are insulated in the social media arena. Parents - know that your kids can be checked up on by coaches, colleges, and others. I saw a cheerleader who posted something really offensive and stupid (not even cheer related), and her coach Tweeted "Really?" It was deleted about 5 seconds later. (Sorry to get off topic) ;)

Tweeted "Really?" (Sorry to get off topic) ;)

Ohhh You don't want to get me on the social media soap box!!

Don't get me wrong, I love my social media as long as it is used "for good not evil". Not that I haven't slipped and said something that I shouldn't have. I've done it here and paid the price....even watching the thread get Tweeted and then mentioned many times to keep it alive. I honestly don't think that the person that kept it alive realized that what they were doing was bullying me. So off I went on a hiatus for a while.

For Christmas, I asked our LadyKat friend to pick me up stuff from the Pro-Shop when she went to practice. We made CP a rather large gift basket. Never dreaming she would be an athlete there this soon, she was soooo excited. She put on all the clothes and laid out the other items (folder, lunchbox, ect) and took pics and promptly put them on instagram. It was about an half hour later she got a phone call from a classmate (not really friend) asking if she had been on Twitter recently. CP said no (at the time she didn't use it as much). This girl took a pic of her computer screen and sent it to CP. There was a lengthy discussion that started "I hate posers. You don't even go to that gym. I'm the only one that wears the colors to a gym I go to." Knowing this was jelousy based not to mention this girl goes to the gym CP was bullied out of, it didn't hurt her feelings. What was sooo shocking to us was that the two girls having the convo we both varsity cheerleaders on my daughters squad. That was just appaling to me!!

ON A GOOD NOTE:
CP first practice at CA Austin was last night. At the very beginning of it they had all the athletes and parents circle around for coach intros and a few gym rules. I think they picked the most important things to cover then. Each coach had a different topic. I am pretty sure that everybody there noticed me getting fidigity....almost giddy when social media came up. They were told to watch what you post, make it age appropriate, ect. They were also told that if they were repersenting this gym in a bad light it could result in IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL. Needless to say.....as soon as they were done, I went straight to my phone and posted on Facebook how much I loved this gym and how glad I was that they said they would be "watching". No, I didn't direct that any anyone...but everyone that NEEDED to see it did!!

Back