Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 24, 2010
cheerUPDATES‏ @cheerUPDATES 19m19 minutes ago
CONFIRMED
203c.png
CHEER ATHLETICS
1f63c.png
PITTSBURGH, PA arriving for the 2018/2019 season, joining the talented Pittsburgh cheer market. @CheerAthletics @CA_PittsburghPA

Thoughts?

Wow! Just a thought - is there ever a chance at having too many locations? Don’t get me wrong - I have the utmost respect for CA. They are probably one of the most successful mega gyms in the country.
But If this trend continues will it get to the point where you end up competing against your own gyms but different locations?

My guess is it's not a new gym but a takeover of an existing gym or opening in and around where one is closing.

Last edited:
Wow! Just a thought - is there ever a chance at having too many locations? Don’t get me wrong - I have the utmost respect for CA. They are probably one of the most successful mega gyms in the country.
But If this trend continues will it get to the point where you end up competing against your own gyms but different locations?
This is already happening. We've been to comps with divisions that have four teams, and three of those teams are from the same program just different locations. I'm sure it happens for CA as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This is already happening. We've been to comps with divisions that have four teams, and three of those teams are from the same program just different locations. I'm sure it happens for CA as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Exactly, take SOH for example Cheer Extreme and Rock Star probably had every division covered due to their many locations that were represented. But I would imagine that it's probably a buy out CA has solid bones so i'm sure they know what they are doing. But I am not familiar with cheer gyms by city anyone care to enlighten me as to what gyms are in that market and/or near by. TIA

Tweets are saying that it is an original gym "with a twist" with more information coming soon.

I wonder where in Pittsburgh? I grew up in the area, though way before All Star cheer was a thing, and just knowing where most of the growth is I'd say the Butler county or maybe Washington county area. The thing with Pittsburgh is that traveling from the northern suburbs to the eastern or southern suburbs is a pain in the neck with all the bridges and tunnels you have to use, most people tend to stay in their general area.

All of FCA’s staff left and will be coaching at the new Cheer Athletics location. It has been known in the Pittsburgh area for a month now that this was happening.

All of FCA’s staff left and will be coaching at the new Cheer Athletics location. It has been known in the Pittsburgh area for a month now that this was happening.

All the coaches left mid season? Why not finish out the next 3 1/2 months and leave in May? Serious question, without athletes to work with, what will they do until try-outs?

We have added 2 new locations in the last 4 years. At that rate, it will take a long time to put one in every major area. We already compete against our sister gyms on occasion. That part isn't ideal, but it is fun to see them at events.

Happy it is far from our gym, though marching closer. Pittsburgh is a great city
Exactly, take SOH for example Cheer Extreme and Rock Star probably had every division covered due to their many locations that were represented
Yup, noticed the same at SOH this past weekend. Honestly my thought at the time was to wonder if some gyms have more of a licensing agreement or simply use their brand name to "save" a struggling program and if that is the case are they weakening their brand? But that is a whole other topic...

Happy it is far from our gym, though marching closer. Pittsburgh is a great city

Yup, noticed the same at SOH this past weekend. Honestly my thought at the time was to wonder if some gyms have more of a licensing agreement or simply use their brand name to "save" a struggling program and if that is the case are they weakening their brand? But that is a whole other topic...

Each situation is different. Some are a licencing agreement. Some have a set amount of years before the license expires. Some are outright buy outs of struggling programs or programs about to close anyway. And some are complete brand new start up locations in what has been deemed a good market.

Back