High School Cheer Camp

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Does anyone know what the rules are for UCA and NCA cheer camps with regard to fake nails? I looked and couldn't find anything related to this.

I'm almost positive you're not allowed to have fake nails or nail polish on, but that may just be my schools rule or Missouri. However, a good chunk of girls on my team had fake nails and they werent short either.. Also they were obnoxious colors like hot pink. If I were to do it id get them pretty short and do lighter colors or French tip. But no one said anything to them about it so you could be okay.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android || Upgrade Your Account!

Does anyone know what the rules are for UCA and NCA cheer camps with regard to fake nails? I looked and couldn't find anything related to this.
There are not any specific rules for camp as opposed to the rules for competitions as far as I know. Overall it comes down to common sense: If you choose to put on fake nails, be careful as to the length or you will scratch up your stunt group. If they break off, it will be painful and you have to suck it up deal with it at camp. Obviously if it is a safety issue (i.e. claw nails, scratching their stunt group to the point of blood, possibly gouging an eye out), camp staff can step in and voice concern from a safety standpoint.

Typically the individual coaches have some sort of regulation as to "game day/ performance" appearance regarding acceptable nails however.

Bringing back an old thread...but it's that time again and I guess this is the best place to ask. My daughters varsity cheer team will be going to a 4 day UCA camp at Pine Forest, PA in Aug. for the first time. The camp looks like so much fun & the team is very excited! Our only issue is getting them there. It's about a 6 hour drive & we, parents, are in charge of getting our kids to & from camp. We are trying to figure out what would be the best way do it...some parents do drop off & different parents do pick up, rent a few vans, x # of parents take & stay somewhere close & bring home.?? I wanted to see what others have done if you have attended this camp in the past. Is there somewhere close (but away from camp) for parents to stay? Is there anything around there for parents to do for a few days? We have entertained the idea of NYC for those of us that do the driving. It's about at 2 hr drive & certainly would be fun but not sure...?? I have looked at the maps & I'm thinking that there is not much around but it's hard to tell. Any tips or helpful ideas would be great. I have to email all ideas to the parents in the next few weeks & my research has not been much help.;) Thanks!!

Bringing back an old thread...but it's that time again and I guess this is the best place to ask. My daughters varsity cheer team will be going to a 4 day UCA camp at Pine Forest, PA in Aug. for the first time. The camp looks like so much fun & the team is very excited! Our only issue is getting them there. It's about a 6 hour drive & we, parents, are in charge of getting our kids to & from camp. We are trying to figure out what would be the best way do it...some parents do drop off & different parents do pick up, rent a few vans, x # of parents take & stay somewhere close & bring home.?? I wanted to see what others have done if you have attended this camp in the past. Is there somewhere close (but away from camp) for parents to stay? Is there anything around there for parents to do for a few days? We have entertained the idea of NYC for those of us that do the driving. It's about at 2 hr drive & certainly would be fun but not sure...?? I have looked at the maps & I'm thinking that there is not much around but it's hard to tell. Any tips or helpful ideas would be great. I have to email all ideas to the parents in the next few weeks & my research has not been much help.;) Thanks!!
Would it be too much money to rent a bus? We had a 5 hour drive we took a coach bus to camp. You could just have all the girls pay a certain amount if that's possible?

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

we are going to NCA at UC Davis July 24-26 and then home camp on 28th (because they don't offer 4 day in Northern California this year)

I may be slightly more excited for camp than my girls. Last year was our first year at camp and we didn't know what to expect and our Seniors were really downers in the way of team spirit but this year everyone is super excited to learn new stunts and meet other teams

I'm so upset this year my school decided not to send us to camp and we usually go to pine forest since it's so close to our school. & We aren't going for the reason that we are currently having tryouts this week for our teams, and we got a new coach and she said if we were to go to camp it would be well into out football season and she doesn't want to take time out of that to send us. So instead we're having UCA come to our school and give us a private type of camp I guess. I have no idea how it's going to work. Has anybody ever done that with their school that can tell me how it works?

I'm so upset this year my school decided not to send us to camp and we usually go to pine forest since it's so close to our school. & We aren't going for the reason that we are currently having tryouts this week for our teams, and we got a new coach and she said if we were to go to camp it would be well into out football season and she doesn't want to take time out of that to send us. So instead we're having UCA come to our school and give us a private type of camp I guess. I have no idea how it's going to work. Has anybody ever done that with their school that can tell me how it works?

It's pretty much the same thing but without all the other teams there. You'll still do stunt, dance, cheer, etc. classes and get evaluated on all your stuff. It's still tons of fun and every night you'll be able to go home and sleep in your own bed, which is a plus I think :)

It's pretty much the same thing but without all the other teams there. You'll still do stunt, dance, cheer, etc. classes and get evaluated on all your stuff. It's still tons of fun and every night you'll be able to go home and sleep in your own bed, which is a plus I think :)

Yeah my one coach will like that. We have a separate coach for basketball and football I was on bball, she left us last year at our first night at pineforest to go home and sleep in her own bed because she couldn't handle sleeping in cabins and stuff, then she came back early the next day. I mean personally I would love to sleep in my own bed every night but I loved camp. it was the best 4 days of my life meeting new people and all the things you could do on break. It's not same when you stay home.

Yeah my one coach will like that. We have a separate coach for basketball and football I was on bball, she left us last year at our first night at pineforest to go home and sleep in her own bed because she couldn't handle sleeping in cabins and stuff, then she came back early the next day. I mean personally I would love to sleep in my own bed every night but I loved camp. it was the best 4 days of my life meeting new people and all the things you could do on break. It's not same when you stay home.

True. The meeting new people part won't be the same, but you'll still have a lot of fun!

Yeah I just hope we get to go next year. I'm literally so crushed that we aren't going this year. :(

I feel ya, it sucks when something you're looking forward to gets taken away, but I hope that doesn't stop you from having a great time at your home camp! And I hope you guys get to go back to pine forest next year!

Would it be too much money to rent a bus? We had a 5 hour drive we took a coach bus to camp. You could just have all the girls pay a certain amount if that's possible?

Yes, the bus would be more then the coach wants to spend or ask the parents for. We just paid for everything all at once & it was sticker shock for us parents. ;) I'm going to look at renting vans too, would love the kids to ride together as much as possible. And curious what there is to do there for a few days for the parents that drive.

Anyone have experience with UCA Iron Man camps? Our rep invited us and has been trying to talk me into bringing our teams, but I'm not sold. Would love to hear about it from anyone if you've been?

Back