High School Cheer Coach Essentials

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 11, 2014
What are some things you as a coach always (or often) have with you. I know the obvious like first aid, medical information for the team, but aside from those basics what do you carry with you for your team, or yourself on competition and game days? :)

What are some things you as a coach always (or often) have with you. I know the obvious like first aid, medical information for the team, but aside from those basics what do you carry with you for your team, or yourself on competition and game days? :)
retiredl5cheer pretty much got everything, but I would add feminine hygiene items. The last thing you want is for a girl to be unprepared if she gets her period on comp day. Ibuprofen or acetaminophen helps as well.

Cheer mom here, but I would have/put in cps' game bags:

bug spray (football season)
Towels (to blot sweat off face)
spray deodorant (so they can share)
Benadryl
pepto bismol chewables
band aids
ibuprofen
naproxen
Tylenol
extra bow (I made an extra of each cheer bow)
Safety pins (to pin bra straps together)
Bobby pins

Benadryl
pepto bismol chewables
band aids
ibuprofen
naproxen
Tylenol
Bobby pins
This definitely sounds like a mom list lol. So prepared.

Finger nail polish remover pads... For those that show up to competition with neon colors on their nails [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I only keep my own things in my bag. I don't bring extra stuff for athletes. I keep a schedule, scoresheets, snacks, purse/wallet, lipstick, mascara, and a portable phone charger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A variety of chargers because at least one kid will forget hers. I keep a few droid and a few iPhone that I got on Amazon.

Benadryl
pepto bismol chewables
band aids
ibuprofen
naproxen
Tylenol
Bobby pins

ALL OF THIS. The girls call my coach bag the Mary Poppins bag.. it has everything! Except for Tylenol/ibuprofen/meds. Our district doesn't allow us to give the athletes any type of medication that isn't their own. I do carry tums, though!

ALL OF THIS. The girls call my coach bag the Mary Poppins bag.. it has everything! Except for Tylenol/ibuprofen/meds. Our district doesn't allow us to give the athletes any type of medication that isn't their own. I do carry tums, though!
That's why it works that I have them since I am a mom and not a coach! I do make sure that the girls have taken whichever medication before and ask about allergies and such.

My first few years I carried it all! I've now gotten to the point where I just take a few necessities and let them be responsible for the rest. It sucked to carry around a 25 lb bag! I used to carry around medications, and would let the kids have it if parents said ok. Don't do that anymore, too much of a risk now a days.

A list of the stuff I do still carry: extra pair of socks, extra bow, lipstick, small hairspray, comb, fingernail clippers, tiny bottle of nail polish remover. Everything else I carry is for me aside from waivers (if needed at that comp) and music.

Back