All-Star Cheer Commandments

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Thou shall not have a scorpion that resembles a Dorito chip
Thou shall not pop your pass because you feel like it
Thou shall not disrespect team members
Thou shall not whine
Thou shall land with thy feet, not thy face

Oh dear...was headed to bed and just saw this thread and how am I supposed to sleep with all these thoughts?

I also have Commandments for Cheer Coaches and Gym Owners, but I will wait for the appropriate thread....I've made it all these years (Pro X days)...I do not want to get banned now...or hmmm....maybe that's how I should roll out....

1. Flyers, thou shall not compete w/o spandex (or underwear) under thy uniform's built-in briefs & pull thy heel stretch.
2. Thou shall not compete w/ hot pink socks, w/o securing thy cheer shoes...or compete hot pink fake nails in which thy will inevitably cry about getting ripped off during the stunt sequence.
3. Thou shall not have thy team carry thyself off the mat as if auditioning for a cheeropera or cheeranovela.
4. Thou shall not compete with giant blue (or any other color) nose rings.
5. Thou shall not make out with thy boyfriend/girlfriend/ teammate at any comp in the stands.
6. Thou shall not smoke cigarettes or funny cigarettes in thy uniform....or pass out drunk in thy uniform...
7. Thou shall not roll around in the bushes fighting with other teammates after Worlds awards at thy Disney "resort".
8. Thou shall not put thy cellphone or ipod in thy skirt before going out on the Worlds mat to throw thy specialty pass.
9. Thou shall not chug Toddlers & Tiara's-like gogo juice mixes before hitting the mat, later crying about feeling sick.
10. Thou shall not allow thy burned-out unruly cheerparents to turn thy hotel bathtub upon into a giant beer cooler thus preventing showering, to do drunken handstands in the bar while thy are at warm-ups, to make-out with other drunken cheerparents in thy hotel bar midnight-ish, or to pee in potted plants in thy hotel lobby at 2am before staggering to hotel room to oversee thy 7am hair and make-up.

1.Thou shall not wear cheer shoes outside of the gym
2.Thou shall not drop their flyer
3.Thou shall be kind to your teammates
4.Thou shall not be cocky5.Thou shall show up on time
6.Thou shall have facials at all times
8.Thou shall NOT chew gym on the floor
9. Thou shall point your toes
10. Thou shall respect all coaches parents and athletes

What happened to number 7? :confused:

Oh dear...was headed to bed and just saw this thread and how am I supposed to sleep with all these thoughts?

I also have Commandments for Cheer Coaches and Gym Owners, but I will wait for the appropriate thread....I've made it all these years (Pro X days)...I do not want to get banned now...or hmmm....maybe that's how I should roll out....

1. Flyers, thou shall not compete w/o spandex (or underwear) under thy uniform's built-in briefs & pull thy heel stretch.
2. Thou shall not compete w/ hot pink socks, w/o securing thy cheer shoes...or compete hot pink fake nails in which thy will inevitably cry about getting ripped off during the stunt sequence.
3. Thou shall not have thy team carry thyself off the mat as if auditioning for a cheeropera or cheeranovela.
4. Thou shall not compete with giant blue (or any other color) nose rings.
5. Thou shall not make out with thy boyfriend/girlfriend/ teammate at any comp in the stands.
6. Thou shall not smoke cigarettes or funny cigarettes in thy uniform....or pass out drunk in thy uniform...
7. Thou shall not roll around in the bushes fighting with other teammates after Worlds awards at thy Disney "resort".
8. Thou shall not put thy cellphone or ipod in thy skirt before going out on the Worlds mat to throw thy specialty pass.
9. Thou shall not chug Toddlers & Tiara's-like gogo juice mixes before hitting the mat, later crying about feeling sick.
10. Thou shall not allow thy burned-out unruly cheerparents to turn thy hotel bathtub upon into a giant beer cooler thus preventing showering, to do drunken handstands in the bar while thy are at warm-ups, to make-out with other drunken cheerparents in thy hotel bar midnight-ish, or to pee in potted plants in thy hotel lobby at 2am before staggering to hotel room to oversee thy 7am hair and make-up.
Dayum! That's quite a list... Are you from Craptastic allstars?

Dayum! That's quite a list... Are you from Craptastic allstars?
This is a list of commandments is compiled from many years of cheer mom and team rep experiences...all unfortunately true...several gyms athletes and parents made my melded list...one in Columbus, OH...one in Mechanicsburg, PA...one in Glen Burnie, MD....one in Westminster, MD...and I've been chuckling to myself today, thinking of the stuff that did not make the list which could have been on there as well.

I have an 11. Thou shall not repeatedly flip off thy psycho cheermom during practice.

*Including but not limited to psycho cheermom transgressions such as Tom Cruise-like jumping on a chair while pounding on the parents room glass window screaming obscenities at thy younger daughter on the back mat for falling in her stunt even when psycho cheermom falls off of said chair thus landing flat on her psycho cheermom face in front of a room full of shocked justa cheermoms. Thou gym owner shall instead put thy psycho cheermom back into psycho cheermom timeout with drop off permission only for many moons, or 6 months.

thou shalt not bite fellow competitors
thou shalt not flash or moon the judges
thou shalt tazer anyone who says cheer isn't a sport
thou shalt only tweet about cheer
thou shalt not pee on stage
thou shalt not pretend to be a dog on all fours while competing
thou shalt shimmy like you have a seizure after all fierce tumbling passes
thou shalt not lick your teammates or coaches
thou shalt not associate yourself with noncheerleaders... ever.
thou shalt not shove teammates off the stage, even if they messed up

Haha every time someone says something about peeing. I think back to last season where a girl got scared and pee'd on the bases when she was flying. Lol
Luckily my daughter was not the victim because we would have most definitely left practice early- there is no just wiping it off.

HAHA. bathtub as a cooler, that's a new one.

HAHA. bathtub as a cooler, that's a new one.
Uh yea, when all the kids need to go up and down the hall to try to find a shower tub that is not full of beer....helloooo... I felt confused for a moment, like wait a minute...did I mistakenly sign her up for travel hockey???

Uh yea, when all the kids need to go up and down the hall to try to find a shower tub that is not full of beer....helloooo... I felt confused for a moment, like wait a minute...did I mistakenly sign her up for travel hockey???

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. My brother has played travel hockey for several years. I used to be one of those "NO I WILL NEVER DRINK EVER" kids so my hotel room was ALWAYS the "bar" room...one of my brother's teammates knew how to make a margarita. he was 13. tournaments are fun.

Bahahahaha we had a tiny last year (really young team...like most were 4) they were exhibition because they're just sooooo little. One went to reach for her "flyer" who was falling off her nugget and grabbed her skirt instead....shank! It was actually kind of adorable. The judges even made some comment on the score sheet about seeing the "full moon" in the routine. now they senior guy this year that busted his layout and had I'll fitting pants.....his moon was NOT adorable.

Back