All-Star Cheer Companies Affiliated With/owning Gyms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

crazycheermom

Cheer Parent
Jan 19, 2011
I think there was a thread about this a while back. Do I have it right that some competitions event producers own allstar gyms? I mean, I can kind of see how it would evolve. Coach A builds a successful gym/cheer team and then branches out to competitions. I just wanted to see if this was actually the case. I do not want to sling mud, call anyone out, but I really just wanted an answer.
Thanks.

I think there was a thread about this a while back. Do I have it right that some competitions event producers own allstar gyms? I mean, I can kind of see how it would evolve. Coach A builds a successful gym/cheer team and then branches out to competitions. I just wanted to see if this was actually the case. I do not want to sling mud, call anyone out, but I really just wanted an answer.
Thanks.

the premier gyms are varsity owned

Premier Athletics | Locations

Adding onto this, there are a very large amount of cheer companies that have a large amount of staff from the same gyms .
USA and JAMZ come right to me right away.

There's a smaller EP called UCF ( ucfcheer.com their Nationals in Columbia, SC is actually quite well done production, vendor wise etc.) but I'm almost positive the owner of ACX is also the owner of UCF.

The ACX teams will go to Nationals, but they're only out there as exhibition. Which, if you're going to own both, that's the way to do it. Let your kids get some experience but opt them out of any awards on principle.

Thanks for the info. You know, my daughter is on the speech and forensics team at her school. Their rule is that if you host a speech tournament, you cannot compete. Just saying...seems like a good rule...
I've always been of the impression that's why Charlotte Allstars doesn't attend Cheersport Nationals since they're one in the same. Their special needs team goes (which is great, cheersport nationals does the best special needs division ever!), but their allstar teams do not. They do attend the regional cheersport events, but not Nationals.

Cheer America ownes Cheer Station. To my knowledge though, they do not compete at any CA event.

Well we went to varsity events a because let's be honest it's hard to not when so many are owned by varsity but we never got any kind of break. Even back when there was a premier championships our teams never walked away with a clean sweep. If anything we went to a varsity competition and place lower than they would like us to and then some branch of varsity people start assessing the gym and coaches so no breaks there.

ETA: of course that's just my experience with my gym not everyone's.

Well we went to varsity events a because let's be honest it's hard to not when so many are owned by varsity but we never got any kind of break. Even back when there was a premier championships our teams never walked away with a clean sweep. If anything we went to a varsity competition and place lower than they would like us to and then some branch of varsity people start assessing the gym and coaches so no breaks there.

ETA: of course that's just my experience with my gym not everyone's.
I was about to post this but wasn't sure how to word it.. you took the words right out of my mouth

As far as I'm aware Cheer Alliance (now known as Cheer Evolution) was a competition company started up by gym owners across the country (Canada) and many gyms were affiliated with it. Now, I don't know what has come of it. chyeeaaa69 might be able to elaborate.

Back