All-Star Cheer Extreme Jr. Elite

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 19, 2010
So I just recently watched this routine for the first time. How is it legal to start their routine in stunts? I thought you had to have atleast 1 foot on the performance surface when the music starts?

You have a video? Because, yes, you do have to start with at least one hand or foot (body part, NOT hair or piece of uniform) on the performing surface at the start of the routine. Oldest rule in the book haha. And yet, it gets called so many times each year.

I wasnt the one who originally posted, but im sure they are talking about junior elite, ive seen them do this all season and also wondered this myself...

Your routine doesnt begin when the music starts - I beleive it starts at the first major movement. My guess is they start getting timed when they start stunting!

Your routine doesnt begin when the music starts - I beleive it starts at the first major movement. My guess is they start getting timed when they start stunting!

that's what i thought at first, but then everyone was saying you couldnt start with a stunt, so i just assumed since they are still doing it, that they are getting timed as soon as that stunt starts.

Correct your routine does not start until the first motion/movement. but from what i understand, you cannot start your routine already IN the stunt. It may not be in the air yet but if the flyers feet (both feet) are off the ground it's not legal. My cp's dance team a few years ago started with my cp doing a handstand on a girls back and two other girls held her legs up in the air. They were told they could not start in that position. They had to start with feet on the ground first. I'm almost certain it's the same for cheer. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

You do not have to start with both feet on the ground, or even one FOOT. You must start the routine with ONE foot ORhand. You cannot start in a sponge, for example.

T
You do not have to start with both feet on the ground, or even one FOOT. You must start the routine with ONE foot ORhand. You cannot start in a sponge, for example.
That's what I meant!! Sorry!!! I didn't think about it until after I posted it.

Not sure if it helps are not but if you're next to the stage when they start you can here one of them yelling an 8 count to start them moving before the music starts so I'm sure it's perfectly timed to be legal.

that's what i thought at first, but then everyone was saying you couldnt start with a stunt, so i just assumed since they are still doing it, that they are getting timed as soon as that stunt starts.

I guess it just means Courtney is in with the competition companies! She probably tells judges she wont come to the events if they dont over look her illegal start! Thats the only reason Senior Elite won last year. That Ball Up 360 was SOOOO Illegal!

I guess it just means Courtney is in with the competition companies! She probably tells judges she wont come to the events if they dont over look her illegal start! Thats the only reason Senior Elite won last year. That Ball Up 360 was SOOOO Illegal!

haha oh of course that's what is! How could i have thought otherwise! Either way, that team is awesome, and i'm sure that they know what they are doing

Wait, if their routine starts with them counting that out and they still use the same mix cut that I have, the mix I have on my iTunes is 2 minutes and 32 seconds long? That doesn't play out right in my head...

Back