All-Star Cheer Gym In Nyc?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think it's a city thing. Chicago has no gyms either - but is completely surrounded by them in the suburbs around the city. I think urban areas are 1) too expensive to lease the space and 2) cheer is not as popular. Neither of my kids know ONE other person who does allstar (and really the schools only do sideline... sort of...)

So i'm guessing no matter what you gotta drive out of the cities to get cheer. :( When we first moved here I thought we should open one because the city didn't have any :D but I don't even think one gym would survive within the city.

this is the only aviator allstar squad i know of and its in NC - AVIATOR ALLSTAR CHEERLEADING
is there another in NYC then?
Thats my kids' gym...were a mere 14 hours or so from NYC :) there are actually two other aviator gyms that I'm aware of, the one you're talking about here that only has a little Facebook page and not much information thats in new york and there's another aviator cheer program in NC out near Raleigh that had two teams I saw that were either level 1 or 2.

Thats my kids' gym...were a mere 14 hours or so from NYC :) there are actually two other aviator gyms that I'm aware of, the one you're talking about here that only has a little Facebook page and not much information thats in new york and there's another aviator cheer program in NC out near Raleigh that had two teams I saw that were either level 1 or 2.
There's a sports facility in Brooklyn called 'Aviator.' They had a cheer program for a while out of there, don't know if they still do.

Like I've said, if you're going to get a cheer gym going, it'd be in Brooklyn/Queens. Somewhere where there are undeveloped warehouses (of which there are a LOT from old factories), hopefully not too far from a subway. It can happen..there's a trapeze school in Brooklyn off the L.

Staten Island Spirit or SI Spirit, I worked with them this season and the quadrupled in size over the year (literally).. they can stunt like crazy!!!! Just had to expand due to the amount of athletes and teams training. Went into the city while I was doing choreography and took no time, especially with the Ferry.
Yes! I love watching Staten Island Spirit perform! They this little lady, I think she said she was a grandparent who yells (in a deep voice with a strong Brooklyn accent) Let's go Speeerrreeeeeeet! like 3 times just before the music starts. Love her!

I think it's a city thing. Chicago has no gyms either - but is completely surrounded by them in the suburbs around the city. I think urban areas are 1) too expensive to lease the space and 2) cheer is not as popular. Neither of my kids know ONE other person who does allstar (and really the schools only do sideline... sort of...)

So i'm guessing no matter what you gotta drive out of the cities to get cheer. :( When we first moved here I thought we should open one because the city didn't have any :D but I don't even think one gym would survive within the city.
I think you are absolutely right with the reasons why we don't find cheer in the big cities!!

I wasn't talking about the amount of time...I was talking about geographical distance.CJA is between 14 and 15 miles from the Lincoln and holland tunnels...

As most people don't live in the Lincoln or Holland Tunnels and getting in and out of them can be a nightmare...lol, I was just trying to give the person asking a legitimate travel time. Sure CJA is only 24 miles from my house, but with having to travel the Parkway we leave 1 hour to get there and on some occasions even that hour is cutting it close. But, yes you are correct it is only about 15 miles from NYC geographically.

There are a few gyms located within the city of Chicago. All the ones I can think of are on the south side. None of them are or probably ever will be gyms that would be able to send a team to Worlds, but they're there.

This summer I worked about four blocks away from a gymnastics gym, NYC Elite. I would peek in the windows everyday on the walk home. They also have a location on the Upper East Side. Could be a great opportunity for a cheer program to feed out of!

Theres a Hurrican Sandy Allstars joke to be made here, but Im not witty enough to do it.
Something about how they blew me away? Idk its late and Im running off coffee and determination.

What are you talking about, thats what I said :p
I fixed it lol, its late and Im not very high functioning after 9pm
haha I get it
tumblr_mcovvnFfRG1rk3hyro1_500.jpg

You can start making Hurricane Sandy jokes AFTER I get my power back. Not yet ;)
haha sorry my bad
living in Colorado we have had no bad weather from the storm
not even any snow! which is good for the little ones going out tonight, almost every year you have to incorporate a big jacket into your costume. ;)

Back