Cheer Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dont use a lot of glue!! It clumps and gets WWAAYYYY to much glitter on your eyes!!

As for the lipstick I like to give it to my team mom (or just keep it in my makeup case f I'm allowed to keep my bag) and put it on right before I go on

I will have to fool around with it this summer. Maybe buy some different colors, let her have a sleep over and practice on this whol darn team:D

My suggestion is DONT OPEN YOUR EYES FOR A FEW SECONDS when you apply the glue. This gives a little time for the glue to dry (but not too much) so the glue wont stick to your eyelids when you open your eyes.
As for lips, I always use a lip stain. I put it on before I leave/right when I get there and it lasts all day. I recommend it for sure.

I will have to fool around with it this summer. Maybe buy some different colors, let her have a sleep over and practice on this whol darn team:D
when applying, try either regular tape under the eyes or even get your CP to hold a piece of paper as close to her eye as possible, you'll be surprised how much glitter gets on to it!

I did smokey eye this season (level 6 team) and instead of mass amounts of glitter, I sprayed a q-tip with hair spray and dipped it in a pot of glitter (separate pot so you dont contaminate the original pot) and lightly grazed it across my lids and the side of my eyes. It was sophisticated yet still fun!

I did smokey eye this season (level 6 team) and instead of mass amounts of glitter, I sprayed a q-tip with hair spray and dipped it in a pot of glitter (separate pot so you dont contaminate the original pot) and lightly grazed it across my lids and the side of my eyes. It was sophisticated yet still fun!
do you have a picture of how that turned out?

do you have a picture of how that turned out?
I actually don't, and in the videos you can barely see it because it was just a touch of glitter. If I have time this week I'll do it and take a picture, but try it! You can use any color but I used silver to keep it classy with the smokey eyes. Just take a pot of glitter and pour some in another pot or on a paper towel, spray your qtip with hair spray and lightly tap it in the glitter, and tap it across your eyes. Even if there are clumps, you can use your finger to smooth it out, just be careful not to smear your shadow so lightly tape it. After that THEN put on eyeliner or else the glitter might cover your eyeliner.

A gymnast actually showed me this technique because even though they don't that much make up, she'll take a small qtip and dab it really close to where you would usually put on eyeliner.

You could buy the eye glitter from MAC, etc but I decided to just save up on money and use what I had available

i love teams that are going with shadows now instead of litter, especially for older girls its more mature! :)
I agree with this 5000% all that glitter bothers me on older girls. I've seen Alot of senior teams have strayed away from the glitter.

this yearr we used naturall make up, but more dramatic then normal. i think it looks better and its easier. as for lip gloss i always wait until last minute other wise it just comes off !

lipstick- we report 2 hrs before we compete so before out"floortime on the warm up mats" we do lipstick and glitter!

we do our eye shadow and stuff BEFORE we get there..or when your there but you better be ready by the time you need to be there at!

I agree with this 5000% all that glitter bothers me on older girls. I've seen Alot of senior teams have strayed away from the glitter.
yes, but we do red lip stick with glitter, were sr.3 coed and sr.4 coed our the sr. teams. but with nice brown eye shadow. the red lipsitck finishes the look...

wear enough glue so the glitter can stay on.
and put your lipstick on right before you go to warmups so that it looks nice and fresh for when its time to go on to the mat.

Back