All-Star Cheer Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Urban Decay primer, MAC eyeshadow and, if you don't use false eyelashes, try L'oreal Telescopic mascara. Also, if you are able, invest in good quality brushes! Most of all, don't share makeup!!!

Urban Decay primer, MAC eyeshadow and, if you don't use false eyelashes, try L'oreal Telescopic mascara. Also, if you are able, invest in good quality brushes! Most of all, don't share makeup!!!
I'm definitly going to try Urban Decay. I don't do makeup on myself so now that my CP has to wear it, I'm lost and the eye shadow we use now is worn off before she hits the stage.

If anyone is having trouble with makeup not just staying on, but looking good throughout the competition then use Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer for sure. But when you're all done with your makeup spray Urban Decay "All Nighter". It's a very light spray that sets your makeup for days. :) I use it not only for cheer but for work where I have to dress up nice and it's great!

I think Urban Decay probably has the best makeup to use for cheerleading, but it is a bit pricey. The eye shadow primer is amazing and so is the setting sprays. I also think NYX has great shadows and eye glitters.

I think Urban Decay probably has the best makeup to use for cheerleading, but it is a bit pricey. The eye shadow primer is amazing and so is the setting sprays. I also think NYX has great shadows and eye glitters.

i've heard AMAZING things about NYX, and their stuff is so cheap! also a tip for anyone looking to buy NYX who isn't near an Ulta--i work at PacSun and we actually sell NYX products there :)

I'm definitly going to try Urban Decay. I don't do makeup on myself so now that my CP has to wear it, I'm lost and the eye shadow we use now is worn off before she hits the stage.
Well, my dear, you will never have to worry about that with MAC - you have to scrub that stuff off! All of the suggestions so far are great - Urban Decay, MAC, NYX are all great brands. Urban Decay and MAC are pricey and NYX is very a lot cheaper, but still decent quality. I'm a MAC girl, but I mix and match! A good primer and a good brush will make a cheaper brand 'pop' and last a lot longer.

As far as where to buy - with MAC have to go to a standalone MAC store (not sure how many they have in other areas, but they have 2 in Manhattan, but none that I know of in Jersey) or a MAC setup in Macys, Nordstrom's etc. - those are all over the country. Also, if you have Sephora in your area, it's a great place to try some of the best brands. Also, make sure you have makeup wipes - with the more pigmented eye shadows you can't just smudge it away with your finger - you try that and it will smear all over the place.

One last tip, if you aren't sure how to apply the makeup, go to youtube and find 'how to' videos. There are lots out there, some great, some awful, you have to look. Good luck!!!

I haven't put cheer makeup on in a few years, but I can tell you that ELF has an eyeshadow primer and a makeup setting spray that I'm in love with. Sometimes I have 12-16 hour workdays, and if I use those, my makeup stays nice all day. I think the primer is $1 and the spray is $3-$6... you can get them online or at Target.

If anyone is having trouble with makeup not just staying on, but looking good throughout the competition then use Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer for sure. But when you're all done with your makeup spray Urban Decay "All Nighter". It's a very light spray that sets your makeup for days. :) I use it not only for cheer but for work where I have to dress up nice and it's great!

Yes, thank you for mentioning the setting spray! I used the same one when I was competing too and my makeup never faded.

I haven't put cheer makeup on in a few years, but I can tell you that ELF has an eyeshadow primer and a makeup setting spray that I'm in love with. Sometimes I have 12-16 hour workdays, and if I use those, my makeup stays nice all day. I think the primer is $1 and the spray is $3-$6... you can get them online or at Target.
I swear by ELF. With the primer and spray... I can get it to last a longgggggg time at parties and events.

I hate glue and glitter..it's terrible. We have this cream eyeshadow this year that works really well. With liquid eyeliner, it really pops. For lips we use a lipstain by CoverGirl I think it is.

Back