All-Star Cheer Night Out - Champions Leauge

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Ashley's right they are all Senior's and have been with the program for 13/14 and 15 year's. Obviously those in our camp enjoyed that part.......being a 13 year CEA family ourselves I feel their dedication to CEA warranted the focus. Perspective I guess. In addition to that they've been the leaders on the team the last 2 years and those of us that have watched them grow up really enjoyed the piece. I'll miss them!!!

adding this.....it's not just their longevity that warranted the focus, I don't want to imply that. Their skills do which showed that during the routine. These girls are amazing stunters, flyers tumblers and performers. (As are girls from other teams.......they're all amazing)

I loved the piece on the Fab 5. You can't put everything and everybody into a 2 1/2 hour movie. I've had the pleasure of meeting Riley and her mom at Worlds maybe 2 years ago and what a sweet girl. Plus they are some awesome athletes.

Last edited:
wait which part? hahah i didn't see the movie :(

Oh the Fab5 part. Part of it was that it was the first team that they actually focused and went behind the scenes for, and then it focused on those 5 girls and showed nothing else at practice. "Oh this girl was a flower girl at my wedding," said CSP. More so than any of the other segments, it just seemed to feed into the whole cheerlebrity thing.

Last edited:
Oh the Fab5 part. Part of it was that it was the first team that they actually focused and went behind the scenes for, and then it focused on those 5 girls and showed nothing else at practice. "Oh this girl was a flower girl at my wedding," said CSP. More so than any of the other segments (the kid from Top Gun who moved to FL, Brad and the baby, and Eric Little?), it just seemed to feed into the whole cheerlebrity thing.

I decided that Brandon was my favorite behind the scenes.

Got to the theater at around 7:20 and waited for the movie to start at 7:30, but by 8:10 I was already bored to death and wanted to leave. I thought the movie would be showing their practices, what happened, things going wrong/teams hitting at practice. It was just the performances and maybe total of 25-30 minutes of "behind the scenes" but even the behind the scenes was just focused on certain athletes (except Brandon, I liked Brandon).

Yeah, I have a serious crush on the coach now...

I can't confirm or deny anything of that nature ;)

But. I'd never really thought about their coaching staff. Everything about their program is so low key in all aspects from fierceboard to social networks to web series and youtube videos. Brandon just isn't out there like that (that I've seen). So actually getting to see insight from a program that doesn't really put themselves out there like that was really awesome.

I think the CA Brad and his partner's baby was my second favorite behind the scenes....because the baby was adorable and I support love.

My third favorite was the Top Gun guy because I liked the use of old home videos and I loved what Kristen said about wanting those kids to know that they can call her at 3am and that they never have to feel like they're alone.

Then World Cup... I really liked hearing them talk. So Jersey. So to the point.

Then Cheer Extreme because we didn't really see anything from them that JTV hasn't already shown us

I still wish they'd featured Twist and Shout.

While I didn't exactly dislike it, overall I saw it as a missed opportunity. Even I, as someone who can sit and watch an NCA or Worlds live feed for hours, got bored at times. The best parts of the movie were the interviews. I think organizationally it was jumbled. I saw so much potential for education of the regular viewer, but instead we just got full performance after full performance with little human interest pieces seemingly plopped in wherever they could fit.

I wish it would have played out as more of a documentary on the sport with CL as the culmination. For example, it could have started with some general information about AS cheer, the history of the sport (I think the World Cup piece would have fit in well here), then gone into the athleticism required (the Brandon piece would have fit well here), then talked about how the sport positively affects lives (the Top Gun, Cheer Athletics and CEA pieces could have fit here) with maybe a bit of information given about how NCA/Worlds have been considered the "ultimate" competitions but how CL is a new concept and the visionaries of the industry are coming together to make it happen. Then give us some insight into what the event is (PLEASE), how it's scored, why it's special, talk about the charity part of it. Then give us competition HIGHLIGHTS and a buildup to the winner. Packed into this last part could be footage from practices preparing for CL, interviews with athletes and coaches, etc.

I am a cheerleading coach, not a movie producer so the above is basically me thinking out loud about what I would have enjoyed. I'm no expert. I just think it got really repetitive (how many kick doubles and jumps to back do I really need to watch?) and so I can only imagine what it felt like to people who aren't as interested in cheer as I am or who aren't at all and just went to see what it was all about.

All of this said, I think the movie itself being in the theater is exciting and important to the sport. I am glad all of the athletes who participated in CL and their families seemed to enjoy it. I would go again next year and would hope to see some improvements. I know some people mentioned that they should have given themselves more than a week to edit and I agree completely! It could have made a big difference.

I would have liked to see more gym footage. I know they filmed at other gyms that were not shown. I can watch routines all the time on cheerlive or youtube. They should have edited the routines to be shorter to make more room for interviews, gym footage, pep talks, etc.. But enjoyed it nonetheless.

Back